Euro virgin

Evening all, after some advice.
Off to katowice on Monday in 3.5t Luton, will I need to pay German toll in that size van, or is it only over 7.5t■■? Also will I require snow chains?? Thanks in advance.

No and no, but I think winter tyres may be required.

If you are not in a rush to get there , come off the toll motorway to use the national roads.
Discover Medieval villages and towns with Tavernas with good beer and friendly locals.

Winter rated tyres are required by law, but I wouldn’t drive without mine at this time of year even it that was not the case, our region certainly has plenty of snow and I live north of Katowice by an hour. Depending which border you come in at the roads are very good motorway standard, but much of it is exposed to drifting snow, the last part is tolled.

Given the conditions currently in the UK where it seems the whole country has stopped working due to some snow, the benefit of the winter tyres cannot be expressed enough just from A: being able to move B: being safe C: if no one is in the sodding way.

There are a lot of traffic controls mooching around, so risking driving in on standard rubber might be a false economy even it you keep it on the road.

Thanks for the replies gents. Much appreciated. Any other advice for a first timer■■?

Poland requires headlights on at all times:

Documents.

Warning triangle, first aid kit, bulb kit, fire extinguisher.

On the motorways to Katowice there are several large rest stops which will have a Spar supermarket type place, they will speak or understand English, take cards, the normal fast food stuff and much better restaurants which are worth trying. There will be showers at these stops. Once you reach Wrocław the motorway becomes tolled. I turn off at Wrocław to go home, so not sure of the cost of that trip to Katowice.

Star man, thank you drew128