alcaline transport

Hi does anyone have any info on above company wages etc cheers

Have worked there but only on agency, so can’t help with wages. Family run business. Good kit, most units are LHD. Onsite workshop, for units and trailers. Trailers are good, with raising roofs. A lot of their work is between the UK and Italy, most of it coming into England is for the auto industry, outbound is groupage. They do ask you to keep to schedules as a lot of deliveries here (UK) are time critical. There are a lot of Poles that work for them and it’s them that do Europe. Diesel up using AS24 cards, auto wash when at base, over the road from the depot, on account.
Contact Alex Boriase, his dad owns the company. His dad is often on site and if you F-up infront of him he WILL give you a rollocking, I know, but hey-ho it is his company.

Here’s their website alcaline.uk.com/

babet:
Hi does anyone have any info on above company wages etc cheers

How did you get on ?, did you contact them,?

Would’ve been nice for a reply to my info above

They are using more British drivers . Was talking to the fitter the other week most of the work is Turin drop and swap then back to uk then a change over halfway down and back to fill the week . They seem to be using a lot of local subbies for the uk work .cant help you with pay and conditions

chester1:
They are using more British drivers . Was talking to the fitter the other week most of the work is Turin drop and swap then back to uk then a change over halfway down and back to fill the week . They seem to be using a lot of local subbies for the uk work .cant help you with pay and conditions

That’s interesting to know Chester. I must say that I was talking about 12/18 months ago, so obviously things have changed. Is that stupid Boxer dog still roaming around the yard, belongs to the head mechanic. Can’t remember his name now, the fitter not the dog ! :laughing:

At this job drivers work like robot.Taked trailer from Uk go to Milan area and back to Uk.Very very boring job.Same road all the time.

Andrejs:
At this job drivers work like robot.Taked trailer from Uk go to Milan area and back to Uk.Very very boring job.Same road all the time.

You’ve worked there have you ■■?

pierrot 14:

chester1:

That’s interesting to know Chester. I must say that I was talking about 12/18 months ago, so obviously things have changed. Is that stupid Boxer dog still roaming around the yard, belongs to the head mechanic. Can’t remember his name now, the fitter not the dog ! :laughing:

Sorry mate can’t answer about the dog I wasn’t on their site . A fair bit of new kit running around ,they let the kit age a bit over the past few years

Andrejs:

Used to do that kind of work 20+ years ago and enjoyed it immensely.
Even doing 3x Belgium was a bit boring but to say you have to be a robot to do it is a “bit off”.

Suedehead:

Andrejs:

Used to do that kind of work 20+ years ago and enjoyed it immensely.
Even doing 3x Belgium was a bit boring but to say you have to be a robot to do it is a “bit off”.

For some drivers like do same route every day or time.But i enjoy if as much as different all the time .

chester1:

pierrot 14:

chester1:

Sorry mate can’t answer about the dog I wasn’t on their site . A fair bit of new kit running around ,they let the kit age a bit over the past few years

Sorry, thought when you said that you were talking to “the fitter”, that you were at their site in Lympne, was he on a breakdown away from base then?

pierrot 14:

chester1:

pierrot 14:

chester1:

Sorry, thought when you said that you were talking to “the fitter”, that you were at their site in Lympne, was he on a breakdown away from base then?

Nothing so glamorous he was just collecting parts in an old ldv van he was saying he had been there since the Aurora days I was sayin I had a mate on there when the yard was in Chatham by the station

Work is, leave Monday, trailer drop and swap Turin, home Wednesday night, back out Thursday to trailer change with Italian driver normally Boug-en-Bresse back Friday evening/Saturday morning.
Money last year was £2000 per month in your account, that does go up after 5 years to £2400

KIT22:
Work is, leave Monday, trailer drop and swap Turin, home Wednesday night, back out Thursday to trailer change with Italian driver normally Boug-en-Bresse back Friday evening/Saturday morning.
Money last year was £2000 per month in your account, that does go up after 5 years to £2400

Clear answer.
All main road stuff, not much traffic compared with the UK.
Bit over 4000km a week about right?

2k a month including n/o money is pants

That’s why I didn’t take it, works out at £461 a week, would be a nice easy job though for someone not needing the money.

Hi ,
Alcaline also have a depot in Holland, seems like all the older units end up there on Dutch plates, i wonder if they will take any of those Ex F1 team Silver Volvo fhs , cheers Alan.