Tilbury to antwerp.were you on it?

no point in saying you were nearly on it or just missed it cos it never sank.
it may become familiar around 2.48 for some
if you were in the clip,i bet your michael miles are killing you by now.not a pansys sprung seat in sight. :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=wG6iNDSwoj8

Bit before my time. (Contrary to some rumours.)
In the commentary it praises the ideas of doors on ferries and says no need to crane vehicles on/off anymore. I’ve known one driver who used to run in those days, but he’s sadly deceased now. There weren’t too many of them to start with, so are any left now?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Many years ago,a colleague at our 2 vehicle firm,told me about catching a ferry at Tilbury where the truck was lifted on.Don’t recall the destination though.Never met the guy in ages.Last I knew he was driving a coach for Siesta Holidays.Teesside based cockney guy name of ■■■■ Salmon.

^^^^ Dicky Salmon used to live by the sea in Redcar and drove for Hansons Tankers last time I spoke to him. Absolute gent of a fella, I have heard since that unfortunately he passed away many years ago.

Thanks for the reply Maoster.â– â– â– â–  Salmon of Redcar is the guy.Sorry to hear he is no longer among us.

Love the old Kew Dodge driver, with traditional inadequate mirrors forcing him to lean halfway out of the cab to reverse in.

Love the traditional seaman, with his smart suit and tie on.

And, the driver(?) testing the bunks in his own smart suit and tie.

But where are all the tractor units which all these trailbreaking drivers are supposedly piloting?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: