Bilbao to Lagos Portugal best route , Tolls or not

Got a one off job coming up UK to Lagos with a 7 axle wagon and drag( our own vehicle and load), seems 40 ton is most we can go with this in EU, although 44 ton over here . Going for the Portsmouth- Bilbao boat, First timer for Spain and Portugal but need help with,
best route down to Lagos from Bibao for 40ton, - Looks like Bibao to Mirande de ebro, E80 salamanca ,E803 Caceres then Seville , then A49/A22 To Lagos.
best secure place for overnights on way as well. Will have passenger so need hotel for overnight.
Open to opinion on the above route, and suggestions of any better routes to take ?
I could do with some idea of toll costs as well if possible
Thanks in advance

Thats the way i went last time I went to portimao.
Loads of parking/restaurants en route and alot with accommodation.
Very cheap going that route cos you pay in the top bit of Spain (vasque) and along the bottom in Portugal.
Sorry I can’t remember how much it was as it’s been a while.
Try the truckfly app for hotels parking etc.
[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Two more route options are from Bilbao to Madrid to Seville, a few hills, but nothing to worry about.
Or Bilbao to Madrid to Granada to Malaga to the Algarve on the coast road.

Most hotels in Spain and Portugal welcome lorries, and free parking.
Hotels will have a daily fixed price menu, in Spain its menu del dia.
At this time of year, no need to book ahead to reserve a hotel room .

If in no rush , take the national free roads to save the toll .
Vehicle documents must be original, no photocopies, court deposits to be paid in fullat the roadside .

toby1234abc:
Two more route options are from Bilbao to Madrid to Seville, a few hills, but nothing to worry about.
Or Bilbao to Madrid to Granada to Malaga to the Algarve on the coast road.

Most hotels in Spain and Portugal welcome lorries, and free parking.
Hotels will have a daily fixed price menu, in Spain its menu del dia.
At this time of year, no need to book ahead to reserve a hotel room .

If in no rush , take the national free roads to save the toll .
Vehicle documents must be original, no photocopies, court deposits to be paid in fullat the roadside .

You’re being a wee bit blasé there Toby. “A few hills”. Today’s forecast for the Somosierras is minus 3 and snow. And any route out of Bilbao going south involves more than a gentle slope.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Only 1 degree on the Costa Blanca last night so is it chaining up for the Somosierra?

Thanks for replies and help all.

Could really do with a rough idea on Tolls for our finance team to give the ok though.

itsa_me:
Thanks for replies and help all.

Could really do with a rough idea on Tolls for our finance team to give the ok though.

Surely you would be best to find that out on the internet, just insert “toll prices for (insert country transiting)” and click enter!
Or why don’t you just let your “finance team” do it themselves, they want to know the price. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

itsa_me:
…Got a one off job coming up UK to Lagos with a 7 axle wagon and drag…

7 axles, is that 3 on the front and four on the drag? Or visa versa. Is that heavy haulage?

pierrot 14:
Surely you would be best to find that out on the internet, just insert “toll prices for (insert country transiting)” and click enter!
Or why don’t you just let your “finance team” do it themselves, they want to know the price. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

If we left it to the Finance department, we’d be running round in a Bedford TK with an Ifor Williams trailer :smiley: Sometimes it’s best to do the homework yourself rather than let an office wallah do it, at least that way the load will go to Portugal and not Poland or Pakistan or Peterboro.

I struggle to get wages out of them, let alone expenses up front :frowning:

bullitt:

itsa_me:
…Got a one off job coming up UK to Lagos with a 7 axle wagon and drag…

7 axles, is that 3 on the front and four on the drag? Or visa versa. Is that heavy haulage?

4 axle rigid (8 legger hiab) and 3 axle drag.

itsa_me:

pierrot 14:

If we left it to the Finance department, we’d be running round in a Bedford TK with an Ifor Williams trailer :smiley: Sometimes it’s best to do the homework yourself rather than let an office wallah do it, at least that way the load will go to Portugal and not Poland or Pakistan or Peterboro.

I struggle to get wages out of them, let alone expenses up front :frowning:

Every time I try to get toll prices on the net, they come up wrong. Will admit though that I rarely use them and when I do, they are often lower than misquoted.

Regarding an ‘office wallah’ routing you. You are sure that it isn’t going to Nigeria (Lagos), aren’t you? Could be a lot more than peages to worry about in that case. I once had a trailer emblazoned with the information that ‘This lorry goes from the UK to Nigeria’, in spite of my adventurous bent, I was rather glad that not all of it did. :laughing:

Oh, and if you decide to go via France, I believe 44 tonnes on 6 axles is now permitted. Not sure about Spain and Portugal though.