Montauban. 29/01

Major problems on A20 Montauban. Protesting farmers have blocked A20 rocade. Diversions but radio says local roads are gridlocked.
Started 11hr00 and still in force at 18-30. Don’t know if it’ll be called off tonight or still there tomorrow?
If you’ve got a choice try and plan a way around it.
Bulletins on 107.7fm.

Fingers crossed it’s only a one day-er. Pictures of farmers tractors in road and them stripping naked!
Couldn’t see any farmer’s wives so didn’t bother looking further.

Edit. At 20hr00 radio saying they’re gonna be there all night.

Oi! Not all men on here…on the other hand, naked French farmers are probably quite unappealing. :open_mouth:

albion:
Oi! Not all men on here…on the other hand, naked French farmers are probably quite unappealing. :open_mouth:

I don’t know what your tastes run to? But someone wearing only a beret (honestly!) and a smile is likely to be unimpressive on a January night.

Seems the A62 also blocked at Castelsarrasin. (Great name!)
Seems to be only this region?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:

albion:

I don’t know what your tastes run to? But someone wearing only a beret (honestly!) and a smile is likely to be unimpressive on a January night.

Trust me, even Pierce Brosnan wearing nothing but a beret and a smile, would not be great…

Fortunately we rarely go to that area, bless the French, they do try.

albion:

Franglais:

albion:

Trust me, even Pierce Brosnan wearing nothing but a beret and a smile, would not be great…

Fortunately we rarely go to that area, bless the French, they do try.

You’re right Albion, they do try, but unlike the UK they normally succeed.

Just got this news report for you, if you’re interested in naked farmers :slight_smile:

france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr … /montauban

Can’t find anything up to date, but this is from this afternoon. Vinci Autoroute will be updating it all on 107.7 and on their website.

20minutes.fr/societe/2210707 … er-a62-a20

Tuesday morning. Closures continuing on
A20 Montauban
A62 Castelsarrasin.
Radio recommend leaving the A20 at 58 and going Figeac, Vilkefranche and Gaillac. Hell of a diversion if you’re heavy!
Bon Courage !

Franglais:
Tuesday morning. Closures continuing on
A20 Montauban
A62 Castelsarrasin.
Radio recommend leaving the A20 at 58 and going Figeac, Vilkefranche and Gaillac. Hell of a diversion if you’re heavy!
Bon Courage !

Nice views though ! We do a delivery near Gaillac.

pierrot 14:

Are you allowed to venture down this way Pierre, thought they kept you ferry-hopping?

Craig 111:

pierrot 14:

Are you allowed to venture down this way Pierre, thought they kept you ferry-hopping?

End of the week runs in France, if I get back Thursday. Not just there either, venture over to Strasbourg and even Lyon.
Proper trucker me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How are you by the way mon ami?

Glad you’re seeing a bit of the countryside, hopefully we’ll catch up in Agen before too long

Monday 5th February.
They’re still there. A68 closed on northern side of Montauban. LaDepeche says the farmers are “armed with patience”. Seems Auch was affected last week but is currently clear. Could be other towns in the region hit at any time. Only this region so far.