How's driving in europe?

hi everyone, my name’s is luca, im from italy.
ive been living in uk for 15 years. im a class 1 driver, and i found a job for class 1 tramping in europe.
would you reccomend it? is it better than driving in uk?
also if anyone struggle with the italian language, please drop me an email. :wink:
thanks in advance everyone.

If the wage is better yes… I’d say @least 2£/h more. Also you I’d highly recommend that the tractor to have fridge. I would NOT DO euro tramping without fridge

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If I was you and wanted Euro tramping I would be looking at Italian companies and running out of Italy. Some of them may well be happy to have a UK based Italian driver, especially if the truck is parked in the UK over a weekend between tipping and loading. Also, with an Italian based company, your range of possible destinations would probably be far greater than if you worked for a UK company. Good luck with what ever you choose. I used to really enjoy running to Italy. Friendly people, great food and lovely weather!! :wink:

bullitt:
If I was you and wanted Euro tramping I would be looking at Italian companies and running out of Italy. Some of them may well be happy to have a UK based Italian driver, especially if the truck is parked in the UK over a weekend between tipping and loading. Also, with an Italian based company, your range of possible destinations would probably be far greater than if you worked for a UK company. Good luck with what ever you choose. I used to really enjoy running to Italy. Friendly people, great food and lovely weather!! :wink:

thanks for your reply. any link i can look at for italians company? or where is best to find this info?
many thanks luca.

I saw Arcese in Purfleet

luca73:
… any link i can look at for italians company? or where is best to find this info?
many thanks luca.

Sorry mate, no links. Google will be your best friend. Where abouts in Italy are you originally from? If you still have family over there then get them to ask / look around for you. Failing that, just keep your eyes open when youre out and about on the roads in the UK. If youre close enough, spend a few hours down at Dover and catch some names as they get off the ferry.
You’ve got to make it happen yourself but it would be worth it.

bullitt:

luca73:
… any link i can look at for italians company? or where is best to find this info?
many thanks luca.

Sorry mate, no links. Google will be your best friend. Where abouts in Italy are you originally from? If you still have family over there then get them to ask / look around for you. Failing that, just keep your eyes open when youre out and about on the roads in the UK. If youre close enough, spend a few hours down at Dover and catch some names as they get off the ferry.
You’ve got to make it happen yourself but it would be worth it.

im from sardinia, i will google few companies, and send few email :wink:

Carco:
I saw Arcese in Purfleet

He said he’s from Italy not Eastern Europe :grimacing:

Where do you live Luca ? If it’s in the south-east of England you could try Alcaline. They’re based near Folkestone and run to Italy.

pierrot 14:
Where do you live Luca ? If it’s in the south-east of England you could try Alcaline. They’re based near Folkestone and run to Italy.

hello bud, i’m living in basingsoke. at the moment im try to do some trumping, delivering container, with an agency called tsr. the job start in february. but im interested in european work too to get experience.
i dont think is easy but would be a good experience for me.
regarding the container work, they pay 700 to 840 per week, including night allowance.
i dont know what lorry im going to get yet. i know that should be equipped with a fridge, and should be allocated to me.
do you think the money is good?
also is it correct that night allowance isnt taxed?
any tips i can get would be great, as is my first tramping experience, and also would you reccomend this type of work.
many thanks, luca

Well I’ll let you work out the distance from Basingstoke to Folkestone on your own, but if you think it’s worth it give them a call. The patron is Italian btw.
Don’t know how long you’ve been driving or had your licence, but I would suggest you get some k’s under your belt to get the experience here in the UK before you venture out into the unknown!
What you have quoted as pay, if real, seems ok but depends on the hours that you do, bearing in mind that on container work you very rarely have to do any real work, except twist lock the box at the container base, oh and open the doors on arrival at the client, then shut them again when loaded.
How the hell do you know that the unit will have a fridge and that the truck will be allocated to you?.. on agency?? Doubt that!!
and yes night subsistence is tax-free.
Good luck in your ventures

pierrot 14:
Well I’ll let you work out the distance from Basingstoke to Folkestone on your own, but if you think it’s worth it give them a call. The patron is Italian btw.
Don’t know how long you’ve been driving or had your licence, but I would suggest you get some k’s under your belt to get the experience here in the UK before you venture out into the unknown!
What you have quoted as pay, if real, seems ok but depends on the hours that you do, bearing in mind that on container work you very rarely have to do any real work, except twist lock the box at the container base, oh and open the doors on arrival at the client, then shut them again when loaded.
How the hell do you know that the unit will have a fridge and that the truck will be allocated to you?.. on agency?? Doubt that!!
and yes night subsistence is tax-free.
Good luck in your ventures

Thanks for your reply.
the agency said that the lorry will have a fridge, but i dont belive it, same forthe lorry been allocated. would be great if that was true.
the problem is this, when you tramping as you probably know, get all your staff out of the lorry and back in its a nightmare.
i havent done any tramping before, but ive done lots of camping in a tent even in a desert, so i know how to organise myself but more than having a fridge which i can buy myself, would be great leave your staff in the lorry, such as cleaning product, water, and then bring your clean sheets for the bed, fresh food for the next week etc… by the way, the money is what they pay, 700, from monday to friday, and if you work on sat, will be 840.
thanks.

Carco:
If the wage is better yes… I’d say @least 2£/h more. Also you I’d highly recommend that the tractor to have fridge. I would NOT DO euro tramping without fridge

Euro work doesn’t pay any more P/H than uk work

chester1:

Carco:

Chester, what are you on about?
> Also you I’d highly recommend that the tractor to have fridge. I would NOT DO euro tramping without fridge

If you’re tramping all over the European network and the truck hasn’t got a fridge installed, you would actually say NO to the job !!!■■? What a load of BULLocks, just go to a truck stop and buy yourself a 24v fridge and install it somewhere within the space of the cab!! Job done !!!■■?

pierrot 14:

chester1:

Carco:

> Also you I’d highly recommend that the tractor to have fridge. I would NOT DO euro tramping without fridge

If you’re tramping all over the European network and the truck hasn’t got a fridge installed, you would actually say NO to the job !!!■■? What a load of BULLocks, just go to a truck stop and buy yourself a 24v fridge and install it somewhere within the space of the cab!! Job done !!!■■?

As it says. Euro work does not attract a higher rate per hour than uk work and never has . All the firms I have worked for have paid the same hourly rate as the guys that stay in the uk usually the only extra is a higher night out rate over the water .It’s not that many years ago you would not have got an hourly rate for euro work most of us was on trip money

Chester I have to apologise :blush: I’ve just read back and think I may have made an error in my replies
My comment was meant for Carco and not directed at you regarding the fridge , sorry :blush:

In most situation driving in Euro similar to Uk,less traffic,booking time,no shoes,hi-vis all the time.Inmost area after 5pm more worst to found parking that in UK.
But check mirror much better that in UK.In France,Italy,Spain car driver not give you way so easy if they have priority.And if truck reversing that they can pass you from any side in last moment.

pierrot 14:
Chester I have to apologise :blush: I’ve just read back and think I may have made an error in my replies
My comment was meant for Carco and not directed at you regarding the fridge , sorry :blush:

Lol no worries Pierrot :smiley:

pierrot 14:

chester1:

Carco:

If you’re tramping all over the European network and the truck hasn’t got a fridge installed, you would actually say NO to the job !!!■■?

Already did, a couple of times. Bear in mind that when I used to do Eu work, I used to be away from home monts, almost every weekend sleeping in a different location and why should I pay for a mobile fridge that I only use it for work?