AMCO Logistics

Hi all

So I’ve been driving in the UK now for around five years, I’m really interested in giving European work a go, however I do understand it can be hard to come by…

Does anybody know whether AMCO based in Derby run trucks overseas? Or any other companies in the East Midlands area, thanks.

Amco do or did run abroad. I used to ship out with them on a Sunday, think they were doing Swiss. I parked my truck in the same yard

Okay cool, thanks Wheel Nut 3.

Did a turn in 2016 , run out Sunday lots and lots of Germany , groupage no full loads. I found it painful . You don’t get a toll collect box, plenty of loading yourself . Mostly all car parts etc, the job I was told about at interview wasn’t the one I started, ran in on the Thursday night , kip in yard before you start your milk round on the Friday tipping all your reload parts around the midlands, the money was poor for what was expected, I took the job on a salary sort of rate that related to set run, I cleared £540 take home for 6 good full shifts, there’s easier ways to make a living

richie22:
Did a turn in 2016 , run out Sunday lots and lots of Germany , groupage no full loads. I found it painful . You don’t get a toll collect box, plenty of loading yourself . Mostly all car parts etc, the job I was told about at interview wasn’t the one I started, ran in on the Thursday night , kip in yard before you start your milk round on the Friday tipping all your reload parts around the midlands, the money was poor for what was expected, I took the job on a salary sort of rate that related to set run, I cleared £540 take home for 6 good full shifts, there’s easier ways to make a living

Ouch, thanks Richie