Monaco truck access

I have to go into Monaco with 3 artics in March. The venue is the Meridien down on the sea front.
Does anyone know the current rules and permits required.
Will not need to park just unload and go until the week after to collect.

Found this for you

service-public-entreprises.gouv. … irculation
You can change it to English (top right hand corner)

There is also a 30 page document full of useful information but can’t seem to get the PDF link on this page
You could try yourself if you want to, look for this :-

guide des dispositions relatives a l’utilisation et a l’occupation de la voie publique

I’ve had a quick look at it myself, it is in French but quite easy too follow. It deals with all types of transport vehicles, even down to cars towing large trailers and coaches. P18 and 19 have a detailed map showing routes available.

Watch out for crazy bus drivers. The tunnel has been finished which takes you most of the way down towards the harbour, i always head to rascasse.

As for rules and permits i have no idea, iv only ever been there when racing is on and weve always done as we please.

The police can be extremly helpful when it comes to directing traffic etc, but if they say move, move.

Id maybe be asking your customer about delivery times, regs etc.

If it’s for an exhibition or similar check with organisers. They well may have a holding area outside and call you and other trucks in as required. Double check heights of your trailers.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

And don’t get caught on the road during rush hours. It’s a bust.
The bikes and scooters are worse there than Paris…
Don’t rely on sat navs. Road works and other works are common. Follow signs more than your satnav and obey closures. No room to swing a cat anywhere but the road authorities are well organised and the diversions will work.
Might be ok for hols and being touristy but not a nice working environment.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uPRVnjJOExk Follow the route until 35 min then when you come out the tunnel(under fairmont hotel)keep sea on your right and venue will be on your right easy… if unsure pull over put hazards on and police will be there with a few minuits and ■■■■■■ you in

elliotthgv:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uPRVnjJOExk Follow the route until 35 min then when you come out the tunnel(under fairmont hotel)keep sea on your right and venue will be on your right easy… if unsure pull over put hazards on and police will be there with a few minuits and ■■■■■■ you in

And when was that video made? Before the tunnel Jim mentions was opened?

Not sure mate not my video haven’t been for about 3 years but it was the only route in that I knew off but there was a long tunnel that took you all the way out with a few roundabouts in

elliotthgv:
Not sure mate not my video haven’t been for about 3 years but it was the only route in that I knew off but there was a long tunnel that took you all the way out with a few roundabouts in

I was in there coupla times in 2017. Different routes in and out both times. The days of swinging in down around those tight bends have passed. Probably a good thing too.

Always good to see a Mat Ireland video…
Thanks for all the info.
Now have to work out which of the 5 venues I have to get to will need permits applied for.

I was there in November with some exerbition stuff for the Gramaldi (sp) we had to go to some underground logistics centre where it was cross loaded onto smaller lorries.

Don’t know if it’s the same arrangement for your venue.

If it is I strongly reccomend you take a banksman with you as it is extremely tight and the walls will testify just how often the trailer swing connects with the walls.

joe royal:
I was there in November with some exerbition stuff for the Gramaldi (sp) we had to go to some underground logistics centre where it was cross loaded onto smaller lorries.

Don’t know if it’s the same arrangement for your venue.

If it is I strongly reccomend you take a banksman with you as it is extremely tight and the walls will testify just how often the trailer swing connects with the walls.

I`ll bet you had to get the underground Mercedes garage to move some parked cars to get around the corners! Horrible place. As you say very tight, and driving into the entrance for the first time gave me a but of a shiver.
google.com/maps/@43.7300855 … 312!8i6656