German toll

Hi I have a couple of questions please.
Currently at Brumath svs before the border with Germany, I’ll pay my toll here basically I’ll pay by adding the entry and exit point all ok, however I’ll be stopping mid point as im a bit early to load in and will have a daily rest. Do I need to repay the toll from my stopover point to exit point as technically I’ve already paid, although I know it gives you a certain time limit?
Also is the services heading out of Germany at Baden Baden still Esso fuels?
Thanks in advance

If you look at the ticket the end time is marked. If you exceed that tim you’re in the wrong. Assuming you know where you’re stopping?
One ticket to thecexit past your stop point. Another ticket from this side of start point, woth a start time tomorrow morning. If stopping on services just get a ticket in the morning.
Its possible to get a ticket all the way, reclaim unused part, but it’s a bit of a performance.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, yeah I understand that there is a time limit to complete. However I will be stopping half way and having a daily rest. So do I just buy another ticket from where I’ve stopped to exit point.

Ah I’ve just re-read your post and it now makes sense, so paying first run I start at the entry point and then instead of main exit point I put the exit as the services I’ll be stopping at, then in the morning I input services I’ve stopped at as start point and my original exit point as end.
Makes sense?

Yep. Thats the way I’d do it anyway. You can alter the start time when buying tickets, and see end times before paying. Probably easier to get both tickets in one hit. I think you’ll have to pay double for a short stretch if stopping on service area to keep squeaky clean. Targets are only autobahn junctions.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Thanks mate very helpful

Id not buy both tickets at the same time, as said, plan your stopping point, buy your ticket until that point/or next junction as required.

Repeat the process after youv taken your rest.

Afaik baden baden/rastatt services is still esso. Well it was in december anyway.

Cheers Jim, my planned stop for fuel didn’t happen as it has changed to Total and we only have EDC and Esso Euro Wex. That’s why I asked is it still Esso.

For a map with Esso stations in Germany go here:
essofuelfinder.de/de-de/?la … 0663183572

Bang in the town or area you require in the search box (Suche)

Click the box “LKW Zapfsäulen” (Truck pumps)

Question if you was to drive over the end point you put in on toll collect as in went up to next junction (10 mins) as no space in services would you be looking at a hefty fine… asking for mate :unamused:

Bluebird3794:
Question if you was to drive over the end point you put in on toll collect as in went up to next junction (10 mins) as no space in services would you be looking at a hefty fine… asking for mate :unamused:

I’d guess it’d depend on whether you (sorry, your mate) went past any cameras on those ten minutes?
If you didn’t go under one of those gantries with ANPR cameras your mate can relax.
Not spoken from a position of expertise, but I… erm, was told about… a similar thing.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Bluebird3794:

30€ plus missing Toll

Geoff

Bluebird3794:

However, the entry and exit points are all junctions, not services. So you’d get a ticket up to the junction after the services, so you are (sorry, yer mate is) golden.
If you can get parked on the services, you get a ticket from the junction before the services to your planned exit point. It adds several cents onto the toll, but it’s a lot less than the bill from the Bundes Autobahn Gestapo or BAG as they like to be known :slight_smile:

While I was getting my first ticket, I’d put in my planned exit point and see how long I’d been given to get there. It could easily be plenty of time to take a 9 or 11 off on the services plus fairly generous driving time.
We use the OBU now, but we used to use the toll booths at services, borders etc. Back then they gave you fairly generous driving time to reach your exit point. This was fine if you started your shift not far before the border. But as we were already several hours driving into our shift, we’d need a daily rest between the border and exit. They didn’t give us enough time on the ticket to do that.

Now they do.

Download the app it’s a lot easier. the new machines and the app don’t give you the time the old machines did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simon:

Bluebird3794:

However, the entry and exit points are all junctions, not services. So you’d get a ticket up to the junction after the services, so you are (sorry, yer mate is) golden.
If you can get parked on the services, you get a ticket from the junction before the services to your planned exit point. It adds several cents onto the toll, but it’s a lot less than the bill from the Bundes Autobahn Gestapo or BAG as they like to be known :slight_smile:

While I was getting my first ticket, I’d put in my planned exit point and see how long I’d been given to get there. It could easily be plenty of time to take a 9 or 11 off on the services plus fairly generous driving time.
We use the OBU now, but we used to use the toll booths at services, borders etc. Back then they gave you fairly generous driving time to reach your exit point. This was fine if you started your shift not far before the border. But as we were already several hours driving into our shift, we’d need a daily rest between the border and exit. They didn’t give us enough time on the ticket to do that.

Now they do.

Well I put in services by Nuremburg but went up further as it was rammed, in morning I did the toll collect on phone from where I should of parked to my destination weather this makes any difference I don’t know, I dont mind paying the 30 euros myself anyway lol

gbtransp:

Bluebird3794:

30€ plus missing Toll

Geoff

You would be lucky! I got done €180 plus missing Toll last year