parking in dublin

I have copy-pasted this from the overnigh parking tread, because maybe better asked here.

Hi
I will be on the 20.00 h Irish Ferries sailing from Holyhead to Dublin next week, and arriving around midnight.
Is the truck stop at the port still there, or can i park up on the Irish Ferries compound ?
Or are there any other possibilities, considering I have to unload somewhere between Dublin and Naas ?

thanks

you can still park in the 2 ferry terminals for the night.the truckstop will be noisy,and if you leave the docks and ark between there and naas,then you wont need to worry about unloading in the morning as itl have been done for you through the night by the maodougalls ( including your diesel).
if you have masses of spare time and decide to come through the tunnel,then you may consider heading north on the m1 up to lusk services(do a u turn past it).full services that are closed at night,but there will be a dude in a car alternating between kipping,and looking out for the diddycoys…safe enough with the bog,and all the usual m/way services stuff one it opens early morn.

Thank you, ferry compound it is then.
I don’t think my boss or his insurance company like sponsoring the macdougals :smiley:

Where you tipping as you may be able to park on naas rd @ topaz naas rd in kill

you should be able to squeeze into the topaz,but for all the dstance,you will be better breakwise just stopping n the terminal.
im not dead sure as if im off the boat on the dublin sde,then its happy button on and head up the road anyway,but i thn you may have to go out the gate,then re enter as if you were intending to ship back out again.
you wont get any greif,and they arnt so ignorant as the equivelant uk side…just ask the 1st hviz you see and they will keep you right.
just dont be telling them you cant understand their accent and can they speak the queens english unless you care to be the star guest at the evenings barbecue… :open_mouth:

Out the exit gate then back in the other gate and they let you parķ on the left .
Topaz is usually packed and noisy with trucks in and out refuelling all night .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

With Irish Ferries no need to exit the docks just come off the boat and turn right and find somewhere to park up, try and get close to the fence as this will be quieter rather than by the port entrance.

Thanks all,

Ended up in the truckstop, but had a rather quiet night as it was not very busy.
know now where to go for the ferry terminal as well :smiley: :wink: