5 ton digger to spain

does anyone have knowledge of trucks going to spain with plant, looking to move a 5ton ford digger from Weston -s-mare to Benidorm or even a good idea of the cost, n rush to move the machine but if costs not inhibitive we would like to purchase it now.

What height and length is it? Assuming it’s within width it’ll almost certainly fit into a standard euroliner. Assuming it drives ok have you access to loading bay or whatever both ends?
Going on a groupage trailer will be a lot cheaper than a plant low loader.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

still waiting for definite on sizes, width ok but not sure on height, ok loading and looking to offload onto back of a recovery truck in spain to reduce waiting time for driver and the short trip up the lanes to delivery point.

tractordata.com says length 7110mm width 2100mm height with cab 2690mm, but no indication of height of back hoe folded with or without bucket,

if you contact kings heavy haulage in avonmouth they have low loaders with ramps going down that way most weeks im sure they could give you a price just ask to speak to bob

hotel magnum:
does anyone have knowledge of trucks going to spain with plant, looking to move a 5ton ford digger from Weston -s-mare to Benidorm or even a good idea of the cost, n rush to move the machine but if costs not inhibitive we would like to purchase it now.

Contact Richard Long Transport at Wymondham he has Low Loaders in Spain every day with JCB equipment. Speak to Lorraine Long 01953 603291

I got a rate of 1575 to Valencia for a mega trailer from Eurogate, a 5 tonne excavator will go into a mega , we brought the terex TC50’s from Germany to Coventry in mega’s . You’re problem is that you’ll probably have to pay for a full load as the boom will have to be lowered and extended , taking up about 8 metres, we reckon on 7.5 metres required for one of our TLB890 backhoes, and we get 2 in a mega. low loader to Benidorm , expect a large quote (whoever it is), I have a quote on my books for a low loader to poitiers in france £2150 , and all our European stuff goes out as backloads.
good luck

tony

Pack some sandwiches, flask of tea, and drive it down. Think of the publicity for charity mate.

thanks for your input, now the old mans looking to purchase one there, as for 2500 for the machine and roughly 2500 delivery I said he could buy a very nice machine for 5000 in spain, so if anyone knows an ex pat near Alicante that might know of a digger salesman we could do with his number,

Second hand ex-pat car salesman near Alicante??
Hhmmm. Go in any bar and you’ll find half a dozen mate!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

A lowloader would be a total overkill for a five-tonner, have done a couple and unloaded them by just backing into a pile of gravel or something and driving it off…

I know its a bit futher North , but on the side of the N4 /A4 south of Madrid is the biggest machinery sales I have ever seen , it covers at least 20 acres and has all types of earth moving kit from JCB,s to Bulldozers.

kerbut:
I know its a bit futher North , but on the side of the N4 /A4 south of Madrid is the biggest machinery sales I have ever seen , it covers at least 20 acres and has all types of earth moving kit from JCB,s to Bulldozers.

Richie’s auctions

i have spoken to the spanish end, he has now bought the old ford from weston and he found an advert in spain about loads, he had a quote for £1500, to collect the machine from Weston, which has been taken to Lincoln, and is expected to be delivered on site in the mountains on jan 8th, I do not know who the haulier is yet, unless something else pays extremely well I cannot see how it can be done, I cant see they are going to steal an old three pot ford digger and keep the money,

It will probably be a Spanish curtainsider with a Bulgarian/ Rumanian driver. £1500 is a good rate for them. Shouldn’t be a problem but 5 tonnes on a car recovery vehicle might be. Find somewhere where he can reverse up to and drive it off. Needs to be level of course! Good luck! Buena suerte!

milodon:
A lowloader would be a total overkill for a five-tonner, have done a couple and unloaded them by just backing into a pile of gravel or something and driving it off…

check this dude out and do it in style,poetry in motion,you will be the talk of tallin one way or the other depending if you wreck it or not… :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=SaErLOTpXKk