Winter fuel .

It might have been covered before but could be a timely reminder .
We had a few problems last year with trucks that had fueled in southern parts of Europe then travelled north and then stopped for the night . The following morning they wouldn’t start due to waxing up of the fuel , we also had one stop on the motorway for the same reason .
Winter fuel has additives to prevent waxing and is not as common in the warmer parts of southern Europe.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

A couple of years ago I fueled in Spain, drove to München, woke up in the morning because cab was cold. Checked outside temp, -17 celsius, jumped behind steering wheel and prepared to make a long starting. After about 1 minute my 144 started to wake up one cylinder at a time, the whole Autohof was full of white smoke. Checked Cepsa website where they said their “winter blend” is good for -7 celsius…

It’s been more than a couple of years, but after fueling up in lux, had a problem with starting up at +5 in Trollhättan :smiley:

Other than that, stay away from IDS and you’ll probably be fine, if not venturing too far outside civilization. It was -33.5 in Kautokeino yesterday though :laughing:

When I lived in Germany I went out one morning to go to work . The car started OK but couldn’t move as it had frozen to the ground .
I had wondered why the locals cleared their cars when they got home and parked on mats on clean ground .
The melted snow froze on contact with the ground at -32c and about 1ft of snowfall.
Too cold to snow my ■■■ !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

You can buy additive to carry around, as youv said should only be a issue when fueled in the south. Ours is good to about -30 apparently. Although we can get that quite easily with wind chill.