France speed limits

Hi everyone,

I’m looking into a job that involves trucking fruit and veg from Paris to London, via Dieppe. So as to be prepared, I looked up the speed limits for HGVs in France and there were two conflicting stories: one said 50km/h in towns, 60 on main roads and 80 on motorways, same as in Germany; another said 80 on dual carriageways and 90 on motorways. Which is it?

Also: do trucks going from Dieppe to Paris take the motorway via Rouen or the old main road (D915)?

What else do I need to be aware of? Compulsory breathalyser tubes I know about, but what else?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Spare pair of prescription glasses if applicable. No earphones while driving, hands free unit only.

Most of the time i spend in france is on m/ways so i just sit at 90kmh. Then 50kmh for villages, 70kmh for single carriageway.

France publish lots of speedlimits for trucks on the side of the road, and also speed cameras for trucks are signed.

We use that crossing all the time best route to Paris is down to Rouen and pick up the A13 for Paris, just be aware if you are heading into or out of Newhaven at night between now and Christmas the main road into Newhaven from the A27 is closed at night 10pm to 6am the diversion is along the coast road to Brighton and up A23 or the opposite if heading into Newhaven.

Get a supply of sea sickness pills if you’re not a good sailor crossings can be pretty rough at this time of year

For what you will be transporting, and unless otherwise signposted, the limits are as follows.

50km/h inside town limits (even if on a road signposted as 70).

80km/h on single and dual carriageways

90km/h on motorways.

When entering a town you pass a town name sign with a red border, when leaving you pass a town name sign with a black border and a black diagonal line through the name.

As Hėrlautais saysc. Note what he says about towns. There may be a 70 sign but that’d normally online be for cars. Haz loads have 10km lower limits.
It’s no longer compulsory for radars to be marked. More “tortoise” mobile cameras are being used.
Also no need for breathalyser kit anymore. Alcohol level is lower and you can be checked at random.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

If you’re going for an established company paperwork should be sorted. CMRs. International permit. Insurance. Tacho calibration. Contract of employment renewable 6 monthly. Tel number of French agent. Registration docs.
Beware of bans around Paris in addition to the Sunday and Bank Holidays bans, mostly Friday pm and Monday morn.
Paris is a city with it’s fair share of traffic idiots etc. Beware of motorcyclists overtaking between lanes of moving traffic.
The Paris perepherique is “prioritie á droite”. Thst system is making a comeback in many towns now. No give way signs, but all traffic on your right has priority. Sounds horrendous but does work and calms traffic.
Clandestines. Avoid parking between Paris and the Channel etc etc.
But mostly, relax, enjoy.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

As above, weekend ban won’t affect him as its fresh produce in a frigo, make sure atp upto date, and a nice big bulldog lock for back doors, and if you have trailer boxes, check them and padlock them. Otherwise crack on drive.

formation-transport-routier.fr/v … cules.html

Thanks everyone. I’m not taking the job after all.