Sweden

Advice please - I shall be taking an 18 ton rigid (Euro 5) from the UK to Sweden via Denmark early next year. I’m trying to find out about the road tolls and vignettes that apply for such a trip but it is rather confusing. Please can anyone explain how to obtain one, either on the arrival date or in advance. We use AS24 for all our French tolls but they do not cover Scandinavia. Thank you.

Denmark & Sweden both use the Eurovignette (same one as Netherlands & Luxembourg).
I find it easiest to book online eurovignettes.eu but can be bought at larger service stations etc.
Just put in reg, euro emissions, number of axles and how many days you need then pay with fuel or credit card.
My euro 6 18 tonner is 8 euro per day.

Thank you very much AJF. Are the vignettes carried in the vehicle or is it similar to our road tax where you just pay and have nothing to show for it?

The Eurovignette is fully electronic so no need to carry a document, I normally do it online now and save the PDF, but no need to.

I believe there are also some toll roads in Sweden probably have to use credit cards or cash, if they don’t take your fuel cards, are you planning to use the bridges to go from Denmark to Sweden?

I’m sure you’re aware the Euro isn’t the currency for Denmark and Sweden. :wink: I forgot on my first trip to Denmark, :blush:

take a zero from the sek and roughly calculate it that way,and you will be quids in…

dieseldog999:
take a zero from the sek and roughly calculate it that way,and you will be quids in…

It was more I didn’t have any when I stopped for something to eat. :blush: :laughing:

Thank you. I’ll do it on line and remember to take some local currency. I’m planning to travel from Denmark to Sweden using the new bridge. Probably come home via Gothenburg.

Just curious,where are u going in Sweden.

I’m in Sweden most weeks if you need any help/weather reports nearer your trip.

Just don’t come this week.I’ve already had 30cms snow in the last 2 Days and expect another 20cms tomorrow.Happy Days.

Good morning - thank you for your responses.

I shall be delivering a load of furniture to approximately 100 km north of Stockholm. I will have the snow chains on board!

lappland life 116.JPGHappy Days.

Where is that Hutpik?

Hi Barrykam.I live in Swedish Lappland above the Arctic circle near to a town called Gällivare.We have had about 50cms of snow in the last few days.At least we get a White Xmas. :slight_smile:

hutpik:
Hi Barrykam.I live in Swedish Lappland above the Arctic circle near to a town called Gällivare.We have had about 50cms of snow in the last few days.At least we get a White Xmas. :slight_smile:

Thankfully I never need to go that far north!

It’s all part of the fun in living here.At least we have no shortage of wintersports. :smiley:

i live in the south of sweden and its snowed everyday for the last week… its great.

Further to my original post. I have decided on Dover - Calais then drive to Rostock. Ferry to Trelleborg then drive to destination north of Stockholm. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have a TAG for French tolls so no worries in France. I will need to register on line for a vignette to cover the Belgium and Dutch part before getting to Venlo. I will then need to go to a garage and register on Toll Collect for my route from Venlo to Rostock. I understand that I cannot deviate from the prescribed route - or can I if I have an on board unit? I will pay any tolls in Sweden by cash or visa. I’m planning on coming home via Gothenberg - Immingham.
Thank you for your assistance.

Moonraker:
Further to my original post. I have decided on Dover - Calais then drive to Rostock. Ferry to Trelleborg then drive to destination north of Stockholm. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have a TAG for French tolls so no worries in France. I will need to register on line for a vignette to cover the Belgium and Dutch part before getting to Venlo. I will then need to go to a garage and register on Toll Collect for my route from Venlo to Rostock. I understand that I cannot deviate from the prescribed route - or can I if I have an on board unit? I will pay any tolls in Sweden by cash or visa. I’m planning on coming home via Gothenberg - Immingham.
Thank you for your assistance.

You’ll need a toll box for Belgium, you can get them at roadside dispensers, there is one near the truck stop at Dunkirk and one in the layby before the Belgium border. You will need your registration and plating document and a method of payment for the deposit.

https://www.satellic.be/en-UK

You will need a eurovignette to cover the Netherlands and Sweden (and Denmark if you go there) it’s the same one for all those countries.

I book mine online, using this website, there other websites as well.
https://www.ages.de/en/eurovignette.html

Just a quick point but im sure someone posted earlier that it was cheaper to run further north in Holland and enter Germany up there (Gronigen?) as you would be doing less Autobahn miles so less on the Maut payment.