NORWAY TRIP

Got my 1st delivery to Norway (Ingeberg 100km north of Oslo) on Monday. Any advice/tips?

Get a toll box at the port/ border. Its free but you need to register it online. It can take 24hrs to become active, so the piage type gantries may show a red cross (think its red), but dont worry as it does work eventually just keep the confirmation text handy incase you get stopped .
Think you need snow chains now but not sure if its enforced. Its easy peasy and a lovely country so enjoy [emoji2]

Oh, and if you can, take vodka or whisky. You can sell it for like £60/70 a bottle!!! As long as customs dont take it from you first lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! As said toll Box and chains then u are good and just around Oslo there is no snow just like any other city in europe.

Danne

The winter season officially starts nov.15th in the south, so you’ll get by without winter tyres and chains. After that, it’s winter tyres and seven chains etc, even when going to Oslo. https://www.vegvesen.no/_attachment/2042293/binary/1213062?fast_title=Trucker’s+guide+-+engelsk+(EN).pdf

It is rare to see difficult conditions around Oslo but I’ve had trouble even in central Oslo, with a 30t load of steel and a tag-axle Scandinavian spec Volvo. You should be ok, just look out for black ice, even on the motorway.

The amount of alcohol you can legally import is just about 1l of spirits plus a small amount of beer but you will not be getting 60 quid for a bottle of vodka, when you can get a bottle for less than 40 in Vinmonopolet, the state owned licquor store.

Take your camera, a trip diary with photos to make us jealous of the stunning scenery.
Say Hi to Morton Hackett Aha man.
I think you will surprised on how many immigrants there are in Olso.
The cost of living is high and so are their taxes.
I lived in Stockholm, big earners pay about seventy per cent tax .
Check the night heater works and pack the wooly jumper .

milodon:
The winter season officially starts nov.15th in the south, so you’ll get by without winter tyres and chains. After that, it’s winter tyres and seven chains etc, even when going to Oslo. https://www.vegvesen.no/_attachment/2042293/binary/1213062?fast_title=Trucker’s+guide+-+engelsk+(EN).pdf

It is rare to see difficult conditions around Oslo but I’ve had trouble even in central Oslo, with a 30t load of steel and a tag-axle Scandinavian spec Volvo. You should be ok, just look out for black ice, even on the motorway.

The amount of alcohol you can legally import is just about 1l of spirits plus a small amount of beer but you will not be getting 60 quid for a bottle of vodka, when you can get a bottle for less than 40 in Vinmonopolet, the state owned licquor store.

Scandinavian spec ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lwb twin-wheel tag axle lorry that can lift the tag and the front axle on the trailer off the ground with a full load. Yokohama winter tyres as well.

If you’re going on the Immingham - Gothenburg boat you can’t get in the docks till after 10pm and take some DVD’s and if you fancy a beer it’s cheaper to take your own on, the on board shop opens at 11 and it’s 40 cigs and 6 cans of beer per person and it sells other stuff pop and sweets etc, and there’s no WiFi either.
As for Norway when you clear customs at the Norway side ask them for an Auto Pass, as you go to leave to the right of the revolving door there’s a Yellow computer terminal where you can register your truck or you can get your boss to pre register you here :- autopass.no/en/autopass then all you have to do is complete on the terminal with the registration pin and the tag serial number.
Always be polite at the customs they can be a little arsey but they are very helpful, if you’re stopping off in Sweden or Denmark they don’t take Euros neither does Norway.
Snow chains as said, I’m in Oslo at the moment and it’s water wings that I needed yesterday there was that much rain :laughing:

lappland life 001.jpgIf your’e keen to try out chains we can help. :smiley:

hutpik:
0If your’e keen to try out chains we can help. :smiley:

No it’s ok thank you I’ll pass on that :laughing:

grumpy dads picture says it all, time for chains time for bed, it will be a lot warmer in the log cabin than a truck with the night heater going full bore and the engine running with a brick on the throttle as well,

hotel magnum:
grumpy dads picture says it all, time for chains time for bed, it will be a lot warmer in the log cabin than a truck with the night heater going full bore and the engine running with a brick on the throttle as well,

Can’t take the credit for that mate, it belongs to Hutpik.
The only snow I saw this week was mostly melted away and covered with road spray not exactly a post card picture :laughing:

This is what we’ve had since November,it’s the same amount that we had ALL last Winter so i’m curious what we’ll get through till April.

hutpik:
This is what we’ve had since November,it’s the same amount that we had ALL last Winter so i’m curious what we’ll get through till April.

I tipped just north of Oslo on Friday morning, was nothing really raining and windy as hell on Thursday, but it’s not as far north as you

hutpik:

Hi Mike! So all good up north? Our ecuipment we brought up this summer is done so maby a time for another coffey soon. But for now im on a vacation in punta cana so +30c and cold beer what more can u ask for :sunglasses:

Danne

Hi Danne.All is as it should be here + a bit extra,bt at least the tourists will be happy.I can say last week i also had 30c here :astonished: .
You are always welcome for coffee[and cake].Greetings to family.

haha hutpik. fika sounds so good around this time of the morning

Hi acceptme,if you get up this way your always welcome.don’t forget warm clothes :astonished:

im living in smaland and its been snowing everyday here for nearly two weeks… its great. was in stockholm for the weekend and non there just rain.

SH100981.JPGIts like anywhere,you don’t come to live here if you can’t accept the climate.The beauty here is there is so much to do in the winter,at so little cost,unlike the ‘‘Tourist areas’’.You just go out of your house and you’re in the wilderness.