Speed Limit Help For Simulator Game

I know this forum is for real drivers and I wasn’t sure where to ask this question so decided I would quiz some professionals on this. What the HGV speed limit is for every European country on single and dual carriageways and motorways. In this game called Euro Truck Simulator 2 where I’m driving a truck just like I would in real life to win and not lose money you must obay the real life laws as what they are in every country. Soon I’m hoping to pay for full version where you can even drive into Iceland if anyone knows the speed limit there for HGV. I will list the free trail demo countries below.

UK, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Poland, Luxembourg, Austria, Czech Republic and Solvikia.

Towns are 31mph in every other country except here but what is the speed limit in these for other roads?

Jonathan1990:
I know this forum is for real drivers and I wasn’t sure where to ask this question so decided I would quiz some professionals on this. What the HGV speed limit is for every European country on single and dual carriageways and motorways. In this game called Euro Truck Simulator 2 where I’m driving a truck just like I would in real life to win and not lose money you must obay the real life laws as what they are in every country. Soon I’m hoping to pay for full version where you can even drive into Iceland if anyone knows the speed limit there for HGV. I will list the free trail demo countries below.

UK, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Poland, Luxembourg, Austria, Czech Republic and Solvikia.

Towns are 31mph in every other country except here but what is the speed limit in these for other roads?

Speed limits for built up areas in all countries which work in kilometers is 50 km/h, unless a higher limit is posted. In the UK, we still work in miles, the limit is 30 mph, or the posted limit.
What constitutes a built up area changes from country to country. The majority of them post the speed limit at the beginning of the built up area anyway.
Germany is different, they don’t usually post the speed limit for a built up area. They use one of two different coloured signs. A town or village with a yellow name board means ‘a built up area in which the 50 km/h limit applies’. A green name board means ‘a small group of building, not a built up area’, so the 50 km/h for a built up area does NOT apply. But there will be a posted limit, which could easily be 50 km/h.

Germany, Holland, Switzerland and Italy, the legal motorway limit is 80 kmh. Italy enforce it, Germany, Holland and Switzerland will allow you to drive at 90 kmh, but not 1 km over.
France, Belgium and Lux’, the motorway limit is 90 kmh. The rumour mill has it that in Belgium they will fine you for every overspeed registered on your tacho card in the last 28 days.
You get an overspeed for rolling downhill at a speed higher than 90 kmh continuously for more than a minute. Going at over 90 for 59 seconds or less doesn’t give you an overspeed.
I can’t remember what the limit is in Spain. I’ve never been further East than the Eastern German border, so I’ve got no idea what their limits are.

If you have a look through Euro Drivers Info Point, you’ll find links to lots of useful sites.
Some of the links may be broken, I haven’t had time to go through them properly and sort them out recently.

Hi Jonathan,

In France the limit in towns is as Simon has said 50 kph. There are no speed signs as such but it applies as soon as you get to the large oblong sign with the town name on it, this may go up to 70kph but there will be a speed sign above the town name to let you know this, it can also go down to 30 usually if there is a sharp blind bend, restricted width between buildings, speed hump to slow traffic down near a pedestrian zone or school.
On single carriageways and dual carriageways, what we know here in France as National and Departmental roads, the limit for goods vehicles is 80kph and motorways it’s 90kph, unless of course these two limits have been reduced.