Illegals. (Again)

Caen boat arrived in Pompey Thursday evening. Seems there were eleven clandestines wandering around in the dungeon. Presumably thry got very hot and got out of their hiding places and wanted out. Anyway when found some of them started self harming and an ambulance had to be called.
I am pretty confident a whip round for a “get well” card won’t get much support here, but just a reminder these are pretty desperate people. They don’t seem to care about their own safety and I’d guess they care less about ours.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

How many have you taken in mother theresa?

SuperMultiBlue:

What?
Does the lack of a xenophobic rant make you assume that I’m in favour of illegal immigration?
If so, you’re wrong.

Caen does seem to be a popular option. With the Eurotunnel resembling Fort Knox and the Jungle much reduced, they are busy looking for other options.

We rarely go that way, nearly always tunnel, but it’s been in the press about Caen and a friend went out in summer on holiday in a car and commented how many illegals she had seen.

I see there was an estimate that around a 100 make it across every week.

SuperMultiBlue:

Weird response for a simple heads up? :confused:

Franglais:
Caen boat arrived in Pompey Thursday evening. Seems there were eleven clandestines wandering around in the dungeon. Presumably thry got very hot and got out of their hiding places and wanted out. Anyway when found some of them started self harming and an ambulance had to be called.
I am pretty confident a whip round for a “get well” card won’t get much support here, but just a reminder these are pretty desperate people. They don’t seem to care about their own safety and I’d guess they care less about ours.

Seems to be getting everywhere, maybe only the ones without the help of traffickers find their way to Calais these days. But then the numbers there are on the increase again, since they cleared the camps.

Bigger, longer fences in Calais just moves them further away. Sangatt becomes the Jungle becomes whatever. Until the pressure to enter the UK is off the problem will be there somewhere.

I blame UKIP and the Mail.
It’s them that shout loudest about how easy it is for illegal immigrants to get housing and cars and iPhones so they must be the reason the clandestines think our streets are paved with gold !

:wink:

Apologies franglais I got the wrong end of the stick. Read it too quickly.

They are desperate… desperate to get into a grenfell (without the fire)

SuperMultiBlue:
Apologies franglais I got the wrong end of the stick. Read it too quickly.

They are desperate… desperate to get into a grenfell (without the fire)

No worries mate.

Came back couple years back via Calais, went tro scanner, dogs, no problem, stopped at stop24 for comfort break, what’s that bloody noise, opened side box, 4 bloody Chinese, phoned plod, they arrived as did a paddy wagon, an inspection by police aquited me of any blame, I had done all my checks before, seals and locks all in place.

These so called hard done by immigrants had i-phone 5, €1000 in cash, good clothes, and phone numbers to call,…

how hard done to is this?

11219083_613502195457277_19185463563765997_n.jpg

Franglais:
Bigger, longer fences in Calais just moves them further away. Sangatt becomes the Jungle becomes whatever. Until the pressure to enter the UK is off the problem will be there somewhere.

I blame UKIP and the Mail.
It’s them that shout loudest about how easy it is for illegal immigrants to get housing and cars and iPhones so they must be the reason the clandestines think our streets are paved with gold !

:wink:

LOL they probably can’t read never mind understand english the without borders and the like are responsible they educate them on how to play the system But the only reason they are in france is because of the EU, Merkel and co who want the whole of the EU to become the hell holes they came from, Hungary and czech repuplic and poland have the right idea by refusing to allow them in , they don’t have the terror attacks we and other EU countries have, and it’s clear why that is

Now to any country need extra people because British,Germany or … not make so much kids.But every company want growing business.I think for this reason they allow migrant to cross border more people here (working or benefit) that more customer more production.For form owner not very important who will but British beef -British or African.With out migration will be very struguly in construction.Now migrant live in old house but some people give to rent this house and buy to self new house

Caen is a nightmare recently. I went in there the other week, crowds of illegals stood on the side of the road, a couple walked out in front of my truck forcing me to stop and suprise surprise 2 illegals were found on my trailer as I entered the port. Luckily they were removed by the French security before I got on the boat.

whelmic:
Caen is a nightmare recently. I went in there the other week, crowds of illegals stood on the side of the road, a couple walked out in front of my truck forcing me to stop and suprise surprise 2 illegals were found on my trailer as I entered the port. Luckily they were removed by the French security before I got on the boat.

Yep. The traffic lights are on flashing amber now, so you needed always stop. But if some step then you have no realistic choice but stopping. Security are good about checking vehicles etc, but obviously we all need to keep doors locked and avoid stopping any where nearby. Anyone filling up at the Esso, or picking up shopping on the way in is taking an unnecessary risk IMHO. Pain in the ■■■■ however it`s here to stay I think.

Read an article some time ago saying Calais has lost millions because the Brits no longer do day trips there, maybe partly as the booze cruise is less fashionable but mostly the publicity over the illegals puts people off. I suppose Ouiststream will go the same way nice little town ruined and businesses going under because people won’t visit it.

The French authorities don’t seem willing to move them on, I suppose they hope they’ll move on themselves, I also assume that they care as much for small costal towns and cities as our own government do, not a problem affecting the metropolitan elite so no point worrying about it.

muckles:
Read an article some time ago saying Calais has lost millions because the Brits no longer do day trips there, maybe partly as the booze cruise is less fashionable but mostly the publicity over the illegals puts people off. I suppose Ouiststream will go the same way nice little town ruined and businesses going under because people won’t visit it.

The French authorities don’t seem willing to move them on, I suppose they hope they’ll move on themselves, I also assume that they care as much for small costal towns and cities as our own government do, not a problem affecting the metropolitan elite so no point worrying about it.

Muckles, The people of the town cannot do anything, their hands are tied, they cannot touch the poor souls. The mayor of the town cannot complain, the prefecture cannot do anything, the Gendarmes that patrol the area are not allowed to touch them, apart from remove them from the port and put them back on the road outside. The people of the town are going to lose millions, the restaurants, the businesses will lose all. In the summer months, thousands go to Ouistreham because the beaches are so flat and sandy, the sea is calm. I have spoken to friends that regularly go there in the summer and they have said that because of the “Clandestins” invasion, they will go somewhere else next year.

At least at Caen drivers can drive till dock and make full check before enter in the ferry and if found migrant that no penalty .In Calais if driver found migrant in trailers in waiting line after passport control that ££££££.

Andrejs:
At least at Caen drivers can drive till dock and make full check before enter in the ferry and if found migrant that no penalty .In Calais if driver found migrant in trailers in waiting line after passport control that ££££££.

Proper systems in place see no further action taken.

If you have no protocols in place then you deserve everything you get.

I was at Caen last week to load a mobile home, while sat in queue for security check, they pulled 7 illegals out of a truck in front of me, marched them all out and let them go, ready to try again

I am in there most weeks at moment, always plenty of them from Esso garage all the way to the terminal, traffic lights on flashing amber so you can keep moving most of the time, it will end up like Calais soon

I might park at the Esso and let a few in, Then let them out way down south :smiling_imp:

pierrot 14:

muckles:

Muckles, The people of the town cannot do anything, their hands are tied, they cannot touch the poor souls. The mayor of the town cannot complain, the prefecture cannot do anything, the Gendarmes that patrol the area are not allowed to touch them, apart from remove them from the port and put them back on the road outside. The people of the town are going to lose millions, the restaurants, the businesses will lose all. In the summer months, thousands go to Ouistreham because the beaches are so flat and sandy, the sea is calm. I have spoken to friends that regularly go there in the summer and they have said that because of the “Clandestins” invasion, they will go somewhere else next year.

Although what’s happened to Calais and what seems will happen to Ouiststream saddens me, it doesn’t surprise me, like a local politician from somewhere like Gt Yarmouth or Grimsby complaints about lack of investment from central goverment falling on deaf ears in Westminster, I’m sure the plight of places like Calais and Ouiststream falls on deaf ears in Paris, a year or so ago an illegal migrant camp in Paris was cleared pretty quickly, while they continued to let the camp in Calais grow in size, maybe it would be different if Macron had a holiday home in Calais or Ouiststream.