Gothenburg port

Morning all

Is anyone here familiar with Gothenburg port complex. What I’d like to know is, is there anywhere I could leave a artic low loader for 2 days while my smaller scurries about and fetches in machinery for loading. Any pointers much appreciated. Thanks

Not sure but I do know it’s bloody huge and full of Volvos of all shapes and sizes.well it was when I had to stare at it for 10hrs en route to Norway…
They are a friendly bunch so I’m sure you’ll be able to blag somewhere.[emoji106][emoji106]
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

the docks are megahuge,and i dont think it wuld be hard not to find a hideyhole easy enough…heres a cpl links for surroundings.

truckfly.com/en/truck-stops … ice-moved/
truckfly.com/en/truck-stops … othenburg/

Magic, cheers fellas

Wally Webb:
Morning all

Is anyone here familiar with Gothenburg port complex. What I’d like to know is, is there anywhere I could leave a artic low loader for 2 days while my smaller scurries about and fetches in machinery for loading

Parking in the port area is quite difficult to come by, but I would suggest this police checkpoint with ample parking: Google Maps

Thanks again, plenty to go on now. Must remember a good book for the ferry :open_mouth:

Just to add a postscript

After chewing it over we sent out a small Iveco and trailer “overland” to do the running about collecting, brought two back on that and then sent five machines back as unaccompanied freight from Gothenberg. The above info was very useful for finding somewhere for breaks, etc.

I have to say the attitude and competence of the DFDS staff at Gothenberg was not great. With the exception of one a-hole in the gatehouse, Immingham were better, but did lose two of our precious cargo on the dockside for five hours on Saturday night. :unamused: