Ouistreham, Beware of more immigrants

A little heads up for my friends and others that use this port, UK bound.

Over the last few months there has been a presence of immigrants around the new boulangerie and the Carrefour and LIDL opposite, around 10/15 max.

Came off the ferry this afternoon and “saw” probably around 50/60 in the field on the left, where the horses are, heading towards the boulangerie. The numbers are rising, and speaking to the Gendarmes, Douaniers and port security it’s getting worse by the day. The thing is they are now actually getting brave and walking up to Ouistreham town centre, knowing that trucks have to stop at the traffic lights. Keep your eyes peeled if you have to stop at the few sets of lights, especially the ones by BF’s depot.

Over thirty turfed out of trailers by security the other day. Might not be much by Calais standards but getting worse. As you say they get under the trailer if stopped at lights, and heard of them on the roof of the Esso filling station. Definitely not a good idea to stop there anymore on the way in.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Obviously not everyone who uses the ferry ports realises there is a problem with immigrants.
To-day I saw a UK removals truck parked, without anyone seemingly watching it, near the Carrefour supermarket. About 2 hours before the ferry was due to leave for the UK. There was a group of. . . . young men. . milling around. They were quite clumsy, more than one seemed to drop a coin that rolled under the truck? It took a long time for them to crawl under to recover their money. . .but some friendly, helpful, gendarmes arrived and they soon wandered off again.
But WTF any driver with even half an ounce of common sense would park,and leave a vehicle unattended that near a port, beats me.

there always is the thought of filling the cab with booze from the wee off licence to lift your wages by £500 or so…with the downside of copping a load of the great unwashed.not so bad with a fridge if its minus 21 and well locked up though :slight_smile:

there always is the thought of filling the cab with booze from the wee offlicence to lift your wages by £500 or so…with the downside of copping a load of the great unwashed.not so bad with a fridge if its minus 21 and well locked up though?? if your feeling the need for some stress relief,then take a 2 min stroll to the shops and buy yourself a nice flick baton or stun gun,and pass the time a whupping till the boat comes in… :slight_smile:

there always is the thought of filling the cab with booze from the wee off licence to lift your wages by £500 or so…with the downside of copping a load of the great unwashed.not so bad with a fridge if its minus 21 and well locked up though :slight_smile:

Want to run a part time off-license? Well, get your stocks from somewhere a little further away. No need to stop and offer yourself up as a taxi as well. Since the Gendarmes have seen the clandestines around the vehicle, Ill bet he gets a full search when he tries to enter the port zone. The Gendarmes try to prevent them getting on vehicles, but why make yourself an easy target? At the least itll be some hassle, and if there are any tucked away he may still be answering questions when the boat sails.
Still, if all the “likely lads” are climbing over his truck theyre leaving me alone I spose?

Franglais:
Want to run a part time off-license? Well, get your stocks from somewhere a little further away. No need to stop and offer yourself up as a taxi as well. Since the Gendarmes have seen the clandestines around the vehicle, Ill bet he gets a full search when he tries to enter the port zone. The Gendarmes try to prevent them getting on vehicles, but why make yourself an easy target? At the least itll be some hassle, and if there are any tucked away he may still be answering questions when the boat sails.
Still, if all the “likely lads” are climbing over his truck theyre leaving me alone I spose?

Why do people’s think, that the pidiou, and carrafour, near the doc’s are good value, find a nice dia, or lidl, near your delivery and load up there, then no need to stop at rat infested shops near the docks, …

O bugger I forgot, common sense.