Taking passenger on Hoek Van Holland to Harwich

AndieHyde:
Harwich to Hook it quite a long voyage to be cab bound, what if he needs a pee? As kids we used to sneak on to North Sea Ferries by hiding on the bunk when I used to go with my Dad. During winter months, I have been allocated 4 berth cabins to myself so being a woman should be no problem getting a cabin to yourself, pull the gender card and jobs a good un.

Dover Calais used to be fairly relaxed about sleeping in the truck on deck and was a welcome rest for those red eye trips.
The Greek ferries, I would always sleep in the truck if I couldnt get a cabin, at least sharing with another English. Breathing in ■■■■■ from 5 other drivers from Godknowswhereistan didnt do it for me at all. Sometimes was quite nice out on the top deck, reading a book and enjoying a wine whilst taking in the sunset all from comfort of my own cab.

pish bottle previously supplied takes care of needing a wee…after the boat sails,the deck crew wont be wandering around untill nearer berthing when they will undo the chains from the unacompanied trailers.the decks are only locked from the outside,if you decide to bail out,then you can always go upstairs,so long as you dont want to come back down again…personally my logic is,ferries seldom have near misses.if your in your cabin,or in your bunk,your going to drown lke a rat in a trap.otherwise,your going to drown or die of hypothermia within 5 mins in the sea,so no diffrence for me.id worry about it when they start shouting and rattling off lifeboats.
the only time its been an issue for me was being in a cabin with an irish guy,who jumped up in the middle of the night and changed into his good suit,shirt and tie.he told me he was in a hurry to get to the dance…it was at that point i heard someone running up and down outside shouting…a bandon ship… :frowning: