Parking in France

Hi, can anyone suggest any good truckstop in france at all? I am heading over from callais then south east.

I dont know which ones are best price wise!

Thanks!

Price wise ? How does free sound? Anyway, how much driving time will you have when you leave Calais, and where you headed to?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Free?! really? i thought most places i would have to pay. I am heading to south of Paris for a drop in arctic. Wanted some good places that have good facilities for overnight parking. Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Go to the BP at roye…parking will be full of eog’s but restaurant will just have the locals, French
, Dutch and Brits in it oh and the irish…[emoji16][emoji16] just off the A1

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

truckertang:
Go to the BP at roye…parking will be full of eog’s but restaurant will just have the locals, French
, Dutch and Brits in it oh and the irish…[emoji16][emoji16] just off the A1

Thanks! Am all over that! How many Euros does it cost to park for overnight. Do i pay BP or the restaurant?

It’s free mate…[emoji106][emoji106]

Heading towards Paris take roye exit, thru paege and left at roundabout then next left…you will see entrance 100yds on left…

nickhgvdriver:
Hi, can anyone suggest any good truckstop in france at all? I am heading over from callais then south east.

I dont know which ones are best price wise!

Thanks!

They’re all good mate, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
but as said Roye is good and on your route. Showers normally cost 2 Euros in truckstops/routiers but are spotless and menus range from 11.50 to 15.00 Euros for a 5 course meal , which will include a caraffe of 25 or 50 cl of wine.

If the OP is desperate to throw some money around then the security park on the A5 J13 at Paris South East eill relieve him of about €20. That’ll buy him parking surrounded by big fences electric gates CCTV etc. The restaurant there is quite good too.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know if the centre routier at Lille still exists? I followed signs for it about 6 years ago but the signposting fizzled out and I never did find it.

If you’re looking for an ordinary MSA North of Paris I’d suggest the one near Ressons-sur-Matz. It’s open 24h, free like all MSA’s, is reasonably large and is in my opinion a lot more pleasant than Vémars southbound, which is however much nearer Paris.

The northbound side at Vémars has been rebuilt recently and is, again in my opinion, very very much better than the southbound but it fills up early.

If you end up parking north of Paris I’d recommend timing your start the following morning so that you are transiting the city no later than about 7am; even so it will be busy. Watch out for scooters and motorbikes weaving at high speed through slow moving traffic, if anything it’s worse than London. When I drive around the boulevard périphérique I personally try to stay in the second lane, in order to keep clear of merging traffic from the right, and only change lanes when and if absolutely necessary.

GORDON 50:
Slightly off topic but does anyone know if the centre routier at Lille still exists? I followed signs for it about 6 years ago but the signposting fizzled out and I never did find it.

The big old one just to the North of Lille has closed, that’s what I was told a couple of years ago.
There’s a new place about 30 mins South of Lille down the autoroute. I think there’s a parking charge, there are definitely barriers and a ticket system. Plenty of truck parking but the food is of autoroute services standard, which is pretty good tbh, but nowhere near as good as a proper routiers.
This new place is on the left when Southbound, you pass it immediately before the exit but I can’t remember which exit.

Simon:

GORDON 50:

The big old one just to the North of Lille has closed, that’s what I was told a couple of years ago.
There’s a new place about 30 mins South of Lille down the autoroute. I think there’s a parking charge, there are definitely barriers and a ticket system. Plenty of truck parking but the food is of autoroute services standard, which is pretty good tbh, but nowhere near as good as a proper routiers.
This new place is on the left when Southbound, you pass it immediately before the exit but I can’t remember which exit.

Surely the parking charge will be cancelled by a meal receipt, Simon, that’s the norm in the ones that charge now, like Escale at Chateauroux and Maisons Blanches on the N10, for example.

BTW, has anybody seen the massive covered (and solar panelled?) parking at the latter now? Must have cost a bomb. Hope it isn’t reflected in the prices. :unamused:

Jees, this post has just reminded me how much I miss living and driving in France, I used to transport mobile homes from Cherbourg to all points south, ie, Marsellies, St Tropez and others I can’t remember now, but every journey was a welcome in a Routier with a menu, of around 4 to 5 courses, wine and coffee, and the craic sitting with a bunch of Frenchmen trying to have a conversation, with a few different languages, how I miss it.

Sapper

sapper:
Jees, this post has just reminded me how much I miss living and driving in France, I used to transport mobile homes from Cherbourg to all points south, ie, Marsellies, St Tropez and others I can’t remember now, but every journey was a welcome in a Routier with a menu, of around 4 to 5 courses, wine and coffee, and the craic sitting with a bunch of Frenchmen trying to have a conversation, with a few different languages, how I miss it.

Sapper

France is a bit difficult to miss really- get on a Channel ferry, few hours later France is there. .(here).

Not so much work for UK companies going across now, it’s true, but a few still do OK.

If it’s a while since you worked here, its still recognisable, but changed from what it was. But everywhere has after all. More places expect steel toe caps and hiviz. Less unlimited wine at the tables. But still a good craick.

Franglais:
If it’s a while since you worked here, its still recognisable, but changed from what it was. But everywhere has after all. More places expect steel toe caps and hiviz. Less unlimited wine at the tables. But still a good craick.

Still plenty enough for me though. Another ‘first time’ for me 2 nights ago, Le Triskel on the N12 at Plouagat near Guingamp. Large parking, all tarmaced, a bit like a mini CR to be honest. Happy, smiling, hand shaking welcome, waitress very attentive and prompt with everything. And the food was excellent. Company good too. Price? Kir/repas/cafe €13.60. I’m off to Spain next week, that’s the only way I’ll beat that price. :laughing:

Last night, strangely enough, I parked up only 45 minutes from home, but it was gone 9pm and I hate night driving. I tipped near Sarlat, in the middle of nowhere. A house 100 metres down a steep gravelled path which I nearly didn’t get out of, struggling for grip. Then mad buggers overtaking towards me on blind bends I had had enough by the time I got to Perigueux so dived into Lauriere. Started with the soup, which of course for me means ‘chabrol’ afterwards :wink: , then unlimited entree from the vitrine followed by grilled ham and spag. No shortage of wine there either, just as well, as my 4 companions (who were there before me) called for several refills in the middle of all the mad boss stories, mad driver stories, mad delivery stories and finally the off colour jokes. :laughing: They were still there when I went to the bar for ‘le petit cafe’. :unamused:

Spardo:

Franglais:

Still plenty enough for me though. Another ‘first time’ for me 2 nights ago, Le Triskel on the N12 at Plouagat near Guingamp. Large parking, all tarmaced, a bit like a mini CR to be honest. Happy, smiling, hand shaking welcome, waitress very attentive and prompt with everything. And the food was excellent. Company good too. Price? Kir/repas/cafe €13.60. I’m off to Spain next week, that’s the only way I’ll beat that price. [emoji38]

Last night, strangely enough, I parked up only 45 minutes from home, but it was gone 9pm and I hate night driving. I tipped near Sarlat, in the middle of nowhere. A house 100 metres down a steep gravelled path which I nearly didn’t get out of, struggling for grip. Then mad buggers overtaking towards me on blind bends I had had enough by the time I got to Perigueux so dived into Lauriere. Started with the soup, which of course for me means ‘chabrol’ afterwards :wink: , then unlimited entree from the vitrine followed by grilled ham and spag. No shortage of wine there either, just as well, as my 4 companions (who were there before me) called for several refills in the middle of all the mad boss stories, mad driver stories, mad delivery stories and finally the off colour jokes. [emoji38] They were still there when I went to the bar for ‘le petit cafe’. :unamused:

And I wouldn’t be surprised if they left before you in the morning too?

Franglais:

sapper:

Sapper

France is a bit difficult to miss really- get on a Channel ferry, few hours later France is there. .(here).

Not so much work for UK companies going across now, it’s true, but a few still do OK.

Never been asked to wear steel toecaps and hi-viz in a Routiers yet. :laughing:

Franglais:

You can be sure they did, but they did have a bit of a start on me, they all went out without a coffee, leaving me at the bar. In the morning, apart from the dustmen who turned up for their morning coffees, there were only 2 wagons left out of the 30 odd the night before.

One of my erstwhile companions was from Peronne, if he was heading home, he had a bit further to go than my 45 minutes. :slight_smile:

And Muckles, the dustmen had their hi-vizes on, not sure about the steelies though. :laughing:

Spardo:

Franglais:

You can be sure they did, but they did have a bit of a start on me, they all went out without a coffee, leaving me at the bar. In the morning, apart from the dustmen who turned up for their morning coffees, there were only 2 wagons left out of the 30 odd the night before.

One of my erstwhile companions was from Peronne, if he was heading home, he had a bit further to go than my 45 minutes. :slight_smile:

And Muckles, the dustmen had their hi-vizes on, not sure about the steelies though. :laughing:

Would think the binnys had there usual coffee and Ricard, while puffing on a gitnes.