HELP- Trucker needs EU Answers

Hi I’m a trucker working on a book.Driven extensively in the UK but no EU experience.
Does anyone know the answers to a few queries please??!:
I’d like to double check whether some speed limits are correct-I have the average EU Motorway speed limit as 80 or 90KMH , dual carriageway 80 or 90 , Roads 80?, built up areas 50? Is there a common EU term for A roads,B roads, dual carriageways.
When driving in EU is a defective tyre 3 points on your licence per tyre?
What is the Tachograph Vehicle unit known as ?
Whats the LGV-Long goods vehicle known as?
Whats the European Highway Code book known as ?
Does anyone know if the Practical, Theory and Hazard Awareness Test is exactly the same in Europe?
I’m looking for answers on these for mainly France Germany Spain or Sweden?
Anyone helping is a lifesaver or definitely saving my sanity!!
Cheers Guys.

There is no common driving test standard across Europe.
There is no standard penalty for defective tyres.
Some countries apart from the UK operate points systems on licences, but in France you start with 12points and loose points for offences. No points equals no licence.
Germany 80koh speed limit m-ways. France 90kph limit m-ways. So that average is 85 although a 85 limit exists nowhere. Thete is no European Highway Code although individual countries have laws and rule books.
Wiki has a table with speed limits for cars and trucks on different types of road.
Europe is more than one country. (Although some others on here share your misconceptions).
I hope you’re getting on with your book.
(Others can insert comments here*… about crayons!)

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

In France a truck is a camion but also refered to as a poids lourds which means heavy weight.
Parking poids lourds is signed as PPL.
Route national is RN like our A roads in the UK.
D for department area or like a county road.
Most roads now are weight limits to force you on the toll motorway, peage is a toll booth.
Remorque is a trailer.
CMR is used on most trips, it is used for insurance claims and when the Gendarmarie stop you, or the Duanes,or customs, that is the first thing they ask for.
In the old days of the round shape analogue tachos, if that day and the previous day had no offenses, they say go, have a nice day.
If not, they go back the last 28 days until they found something wrong .
In Germany the commercial vehicle enforcement are called BAG.
Cmr means certificate of maritime and rouitier, which is road,an European agreement.
Old analogue tachos were called discs by the cops.
Coffee money to officials was widely accepted or bunging of duty free booze or a carton of ■■■■ off the ferry.
This option saved the grief and agro of an official and more expensive fine, customs at the ports were all on the fiddle.
Autoroute is a motorway.
In the tourist season, yellow signs divert you away from the known pinch points and congestion roads.
The yellow route is via scenic routes on laid back roads, with rivers or a gorge.

You need to collect info on each country as no to countries are the same for example in Belgium the sign for no overtaking is displayed when you can 19:00 - 06:00, everywhere else it’s displayed when you can’t.
Overtaking bans when it’s raining
French speed limit on autoroutes of 80kph for ADR
Slovakian road toll box, deposit and top up paid for by bank card, but cash given for deposit and unspent top up upon return of the unit on exiting.
The various tags needed for automated road tolls:-
Viapass Italy
Satelic Belgium incurs a €3000 fine if not switched on in Belgium
Toll Collect Germany and Austria
Go Box Austria
AutoPass Norway
Payment tolls :-
LVSA Switzerland
Euovignette , Sweden, Luxembourg, R o I, Netherlands
Toll Collect Germany needs route to be taken
Parking bans
Movement bans

Hi Franglais, Toby1234 &Grumpy Dad

Cheers everybody for getting back to me. This is great stuff and I’ll have a chance later to go through it a bit more thoroughly.

In the meantime, Franglais, back to my crayons :smiley:

Have a look in here Euro Drivers Info Point - EURO DRIVING FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK first, it’ll give you a start. Some links may be broken, I haven’t had much time to go through and up-date them for the best part of a year

Why not buy the fta handbook?