SHepperton Film Studios- Splt Croatia

HI, guys & girls, a long time lurker here. I had to re-register, as I could not recall my screen name…

Next Thursday 31/8 we will be taking 4 vehicles, via Dover.
18 Ton 38’ catering kitchen, 7.5 ton fridge, (some bacon on it) 7.5 ton rigid, and 3.5t Luton small burger type kitchen.

We often do France, Spain etc…every couple of months… but not done this side of EU

Best route?

(If via Belgium, is the transponder box a pain to get? (Wait? Roadside?) only for 18 ton?
Should I just avoid Belgium, go further down through France?

If we have a later ferry? Should I consider the southern route via Italy? To avoid Austria?bexause of Sat 3pm- till Monday HGV ban! is this correct? Could get caught for a day and a half!!!

My boss think we can get to Split by Saturday night! I think that is really tight? And so the 18 T will get caught in a Sunday ban anyway. (Small chance we have a film equipment exemption, nobody in the office /shipping company will confirm till Tuesday)

That’s for a a start…

Oh, and one of my blokes can’t find his passport!!! Nice start for a bank holiday!!

Oh, and if Paul from Mansfield (Sri Lanka holiday) reads this, hi mate!

Also anything else major I am missing?

The Euro driving bans are only for OVER 7.5 ton right?

Lots of conflicting info out there, so thought it best to ask the experts!!

thanks all, hope anyone parked up, has a good weekend.

bison-fute.gouv.fr/index,langen.html
Ive never been to Croatia, but may be of some help. The above link goes to the offcial French Gov web site. Click on English language, click on carriers and follow the links to any neighbouring country for their restrictions. (No Austria tho). Are you going overland all the way? I know some used to use the ferry from Ancona, but that was when the area was knee deep in AK47s! Ive been into Slovenia, and that far there`s no problem with the roads. Gets a bit hilly beyond there though.
Google is showing from Calais about
1800km for the trip if going via Austria. (1400km to get to Ljubljana)
1600km to Ancona plus ferry.
2100km via Frejus and Trieste.
Not too much help, sorry.

Thank you, I’ll have a look.

Yes Overland all the way… then in Split, ferry to an Island after… fly home.