Route advice please?

Hi Trucknet,
Can anyone help with the following please?
I am planning a route from Spa race circuit Belgium down to Monza Italy and think the best way is:
Down through Luxembourg towards Metz then A4/E25/E50 to Strasbourg,
then South again on A35/E25 towards Mulhouse, followed by A2/E35 to past Luzern (Lucerne?) and into Italy near lake Como.
I was wondering how does that sound to you more experienced Euro drivers?
I also have a days slack in the timetable and would be grateful if anyone has a recommendation for good parking spots?
Thanks in advance,
David

What size are you? Or rather the truck?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Can’t help although I’ve done very similar in a car but you might want to mention what kind of vehicle your driving or what you might have on board, just a thought .

I am driving a 2 axle MAN pulling two axle trailer 32-tonne gross with race cars, tools and equipment, some of trailer is just accommodation.

Under 4 metres high? No hazardous, (within scope of ADR) such as fuel.
It’s a 4m limit for Swiss, so if you’re under that and non-haz then maybe the route you say is ok. Just paperwork to sort for transiting Swiss. I’m not sure what would be necessary for transiting racing cars, but expect f you can give Muckles a PM he’ll know for definite. Others will know too.
Edit. Both Basel and Chiasso are busy crossings. Tis several years since I used them but there was lots of visiting glass windows collecting stamps on pieces of paper.
Edit again. If you transit they may well want to seal the trailer, so does the trailer have suitable TIR type seal points?

Parkng? What time of day are you leaving Spa?
The big CRD parkng at Mulhouse has parkng still although it’s shrunk somewhat recently. Food ok but expensive compared to
other Routiers. Don’t plan on overnights at he borders. Too crowded noisy etc. Swiss is, for me, crowded and expensive. Nice people and scenery tho. No driving 22-00 to 06-00 remember.
Fill up with cheap fuel in Lux but don’t get caught with a cab full of ciggies in Swiss!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Many thanks for advice and help.

If transiting Switzerland, I.asked a friendly French driver to show me what to do.
Self service machines, enter how many axles, what type of euro emmision type and so on, pay per km, a lot can wrong to spoil the day, information has to be correct.
Food in CH is expensive, I had the venison casserole with purple cabbage and dumplings on the motorway services.
As said, stunning scenery .
Immaculately toilets everywhere .
Austrian commercial vehicle enforcement have a reputation, and operate 24 hours.
In summer, it is still possible for snow on the highest mountains .

The very friendly customs [emoji34][emoji379] man behind the counter at f/CH customs window will want original vehicle docs so you can get card. swiss is the way to go as long as all goes well at border and the holiday traffic is kind. otherwise its 600€ ish return via mont blanc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk