Euro expenses

Hi lads. What’s the going rate for a Euro night out these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given parking is free, and given food is cheaper and better at Routiers than the UK MSAs, and the weathers better at the moment, then maybe we should be paying our employers to send us into Euroland?

If youve been away without agreeing a rate first, then DONT show the above to your boss, but say you had to pay extra to get bacon egg chips n beans cooked a la carte; tell them the water in the taps was horrible, tell them phone calls home to the family were a rip.

I get paid a few quid more for a Eu night than a UK night, but I`m one of soft silly gits that ruin it for everyone else, by not moaning about “those damned foreigners” and “that foreign garlcky greasy muck they call food”.
Regards from franglais… :smiley:

Franglais:
Given parking is free, and given food is cheaper and better at Routiers than the UK MSAs, and the weathers better at the moment, then maybe we should be paying our employers to send us into Euroland?

If youve been away without agreeing a rate first, then DONT show the above to your boss, but say you had to pay extra to get bacon egg chips n beans cooked a la carte; tell them the water in the taps was horrible, tell them phone calls home to the family were a rip.

I get paid a few quid more for a Eu night than a UK night, but I`m one of soft silly gits that ruin it for everyone else, by not moaning about “those damned foreigners” and “that foreign garlcky greasy muck they call food”.
Regards from franglais… :smiley:

The company I sub for has paid £30 per night for ages. Just wondered if this was average or not!

THE FIN103:
The company I sub for has paid £30 per night for ages. Just wondered if this was average or not!

I honestly dont know what the average is. But hearing what is said in bars (higher rates) and coffee shops (lower rates), Id say youre about the average-ish, ball park, sort of normal, roundabout, level. Obviously some wouldnt get of bed for that, and will tell you so, some will be on less and keep their mouths shut, but there you go!

EDIT The ones who shout most about night out money (sometimes) are on crap basic, but dont mention that. There used to be a big premium paid to Euro drivers, but I dont see it so much now. There are exceptions, but they are just that: exceptions.

Franglais:

THE FIN103:

I honestly dont know what the average is. But hearing what is said in bars (higher rates) and coffee shops (lower rates), Id say youre about the average-ish, ball park, sort of normal, roundabout, level. Obviously some wouldnt get of bed for that, and will tell you so, some will be on less and keep their mouths shut, but there you go!

EDIT The ones who shout most about night out money (sometimes) are on crap basic, but dont mention that. There used to be a big premium paid to Euro drivers, but I dont see it so much now. There are exceptions, but they are just that: exceptions.

So how much n/o money do you get then ?

About average? What about you, since you ask?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

The last night out I did was 12 years ago and it was £30.

We get £35 night out plus £10 for Shower/Laundry/50 cent a time ■■■■ etc. Also get parking paid for.

mrginge:
We get £35 night out plus £10 for Shower/Laundry/50 cent a time ■■■■ etc. Also get parking paid for.

this sounds ok-ish to me (or am I ‘cheap’? :smiley: )

Not wanting to sound daft, but what’s the difference between having a night out in the UK or/& Europe ■■

Why do drivers expect to be paid more on a European night out than a UK night out??

Just asking…

Jeez ^

My firm £25 uk
£30 europe .

Geoffo:
Not wanting to sound daft, but what’s the difference between having a night out in the UK or/& Europe ■■

Why do drivers expect to be paid more on a European night out than a UK night out??

Just asking…

Because the tax man allows a higher night out rate for European nights out than UK nights out, before tax is applied.

Geoffo:

Just asking…

this…plus the abundance of female entertainment both indoors and out…( google it)…just saying… :slight_smile:

you can also get a cheap haircut.

la jon.jpg

dieseldog999:

Geoffo:

Just asking…

this…plus the abundance of female entertainment both indoors and out…( google it)…just saying… :slight_smile:

you can also get a cheap haircut.

Another example of me getting things wrong there: when the T2s revisions etc all ended I forecast the end of La Jonquera… I was so wrong. Why is it that if everything is cheap there we always end up skint after a night out? :blush:

i always go back in the morning to get them to confirm i spent a fortune the night before.that way i dont need to be overly concerned that i lost a fortune or got my pocket picked. :slight_smile:

Beetlejuice:
Jeez ^

My firm £25 uk
£30 europe .

Belgian companies pay 40 Euro a night regardless of what Country we are night outing in. That’s why i asked.

dieseldog999:
i always go back in the morning to get them to confirm i spent a fortune the night before.that way i dont need to be overly concerned that i lost a fortune or got my pocket picked. :slight_smile:

Brilliant…as always!

Because trying to figure out into which black hole did a load of unaccounted for, time and money disappear can be a bit distracting next day.

How do you know she was black ■■? :slight_smile:

What we use to work from when i use to do a bit of driving for a austrian firm.

Weekdays lh column, weekends rh column.