Sleeping in cabs over weekend in France

Franglais:

Andrejs:

Franglais:
As Muckles says it’s only a compulsory full break that must taken away from the vehicle. Your first weekend break away from base can be taken in cab. At least that’s the way I understand it.
One of our drivers was pulled at a roadside ‘control’. He was ok on that score, but was in trouble for something else. There was another driver in trouble there for taking multiple weekends away from base with no hotel receipts etc. So it seems it may be part of routine checks now? The driver in trouble apparently was held until his employer sent across a hefty payment.
They seem to be trying to catch those who go tramping for months on a shoestring, not those eho are weekended now’n’then.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

A one Uk based company in Wales drivers sleep in cab for month,get bank account by company address and don t have any rented room in UK.And they pay for drivers basic pay plus bonuses what it is not legal.pay crap holiday as well and have worst trailer and truck than any Romanian truck and trailer.

I know exactly which company you mean mate. I know some of their ex drivers. Admittedly since they are EX drivers they wont be fans, but Ive never heard them say “I wish I was back with ■■■”.
How did you find your crossing from the western end of the English Channel a few weeks ago? Better than Calais I hope?

I not hate this company at all .I was worked to this company about 6 month.It is not bad money for Wales and for driver who live in bad area but just can come to work for 1 month.I know some English gay from Preston,Dorset who stay in truck for one month because long way to home.But this company truck and trailers not in best condition .And owner and planner not care who not legally sleep in truck in France full rest.When i start that one Polish guy ask Andy about this that he …