Firms in Scotland that do Euro

Hi, Im sure this gets asked alot but I cant seem to find what i’m looking for.
Looking for a firm that does UK and European work, preferably from around Glasgow and surrounding, but if its tramping I would be willing to travel. Thing is I dont have any Euro experience, so looking for somewhere that would take on a newb in the field. Willing to go as a 2nd driver to start, see if my face fits n that. I’ve looked on Indeed etc but it just seems to be the same people/agencies refreshing their ads every so often.
Im Looking to do Class 1, with someone thats reliable and doesn’t expect u risk your license to get the job done. Fridges,curtains, boxes- whatever. Im self employed (ltd) if that would open any doors, but willing to work direct for the right place. Even temporary work to start just to build euro experience. If I can get a few names i’ll pack a bag and just go knocking. If there is already a thread with any relevant info then a link would be much appreciated, also saving someone having to give out the same info again… thanks in advance, Cal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will give you 3 names off the top of my head
Miller transport
Scotlee transport
Maclanachan transport
Give them a try see what they say thats who i can think of.You could try the aberdeen companies incase they have a small depot down glasgow way like grampion contanental.

Colin_scottish:
I will give you 3 names off the top of my head
Miller transport
Scotlee transport
Maclanachan transport
Give them a try see what they say thats who i can think of.You could try the aberdeen companies incase they have a small depot down glasgow way like grampion contanental.

Brilliant mate I’ll give them a call or swing by tomorrow then. Cheers, Cal

If you don’t mind travelling to get a start you could try S & K down in Welsh Wales…

skhaulage.net/careers.php

They had a rep for running old kit but would give newbies a chance on Euro work. The website says two years experience but it would be worth a try.

bullitt:
If you don’t mind travelling to get a start you could try S & K down in Welsh Wales…

skhaulage.net/careers.php

They had a rep for running old kit but would give newbies a chance on Euro work. The website says two years experience but it would be worth a try.

Aye the job says you can be away for 2/3 weeks so I reckon id do that if the rate is right. I’ll look into it, thanks mate

S & K not known as the best payers and would you want a 400 mile journey home up the M5/M6 on a Friday, head to DSV in Belshill and speak to the drivers who are in there pulling fish for the continent, PC Hamilton or Centurion do fish or head down to Dumfries plenty of fish going from that area, find out who is pulling out of Peterhead.

M M Kerr
D Steven & son
A J Anderson
McLaughlan

mazzer:
S & K not known as the best payers and would you want a 400 mile journey home up the M5/M6 on a Friday, head to DSV in Belshill and speak to the drivers who are in there pulling fish for the continent, PC Hamilton or Centurion do fish or head down to Dumfries plenty of fish going from that area, find out who is pulling out of Peterhead.

Aye it wouldn’t be my first choice, but beggars cant be choosers, at least to get a foot in. Cheers for the info mate

bald bloke:
M M Kerr
D Steven & son
A J Anderson
McLaughlan

Added to the list pal, cheers

Give Boyle transport a ring, check their website, Irish, Newry but work out of Westway Galsgow. Speak to Neil.

Some S@K truck drive uphill junt at15m/h

You can earn more money here if work for Stobart trampers and after travel by car around Europe

josier:
Give Boyle transport a ring, check their website, Irish, Newry but work out of Westway Galsgow. Speak to Neil.

Will do mate thanks!

Andrejs:
You can earn more money here if work for Stobart trampers and after travel by car around Europe

I do go into Europe quite a bit but I just want to drive there, at least to try it. Dont think ive spoke to anyone that does/has done euro and preferred driving here. Suppose there’s only one way to find out though [emoji2]

Try p+c Hamilton, in Girvan.

biggriffin:
Try p+c Hamilton, in Girvan.

Cheers mate