Routiers near Le Mans

Going to Le Mans later this week, was planning to get there the night before and go into the circuit in the morning, so was looking for an alternate to the services.
Found a couple in my guide to the east of Le Mans and remember seeing one to the south, but it’s not on my guide, does anybody know what they’re like and if they’re still open or have a recommendation.
Could also do with a parking area that doesn’t resemble a moonscape.

muckles:
Going to Le Mans later this week, was planning to get there the night before and go into the circuit in the morning, so was looking for an alternate to the services.
Found a couple in my guide to the east of Le Mans and remember seeing one to the south, but it’s not on my guide, does anybody know what they’re like and if they’re still open or have a recommendation.

if you use android that use this app -truck parking Europe.
If i remember properly that at A-28 will be couple “aire” or services .Last one about 30 km before turn to ring road.

Andrejs:

muckles:

if you use android that use this app -truck parking Europe.
If i remember properly that at A-28 will be couple “aire” or services .Last one about 30 km before turn to ring road.

I don’t have an android device and tried to get something similar to download on my ipad but it doesn’t work.
Been there many times know all the services quite well, but would prefer a routiers off the motorway.

The two Routiers on the D357 towards St Calais are both popular. Ive used the one on the roundabout (Auberge Narais ? ) and found it fine. Parking dusty but not too rough for low trailers. Theres another one on the south side of the D232 near Champagne near an AS24, never tried it but seen some trucks there, so guessing it`s ok. Another couple of Restos on the old La Fleche road still open, but I have no experience of them.

Cheers for the info Franglais, much appreciated :smiley:

At d 338 i see plenty parking

muckles:
Cheers for the info Franglais, much appreciated :smiley:

Bon Appetit mate!

Having a Rouitiers meal can be a long time, I did wonder how the French drivers got their work done with a two-hour lunch.
Apperitif at the bar to stimulate the appetite with Aniseed or Liquorice drinks.
After the meal, it is digestif to aid digestion such as a Calvados apple liqueur .
Drivers sat close together , and time it to use the cutlery to not clash with the man sat close to you .
Bring on the rabbit stew, steak tartare, raw mince meat with a raw egg on top.
Casoulet and tripe.
Cows tongue was nice .
Pigs trotters and roast cockerel , tough as old boots .

toby1234abc:
Having a Rouitiers meal can be a long time, I did wonder how the French drivers got their work done with a two-hour lunch.
Apperitif at the bar to stimulate the appetite with Aniseed or Liquorice drinks.
After the meal, it is digestif to aid digestion such as a Calvados apple liqueur .
Drivers sat close together , and time it to use the cutlery to not clash with the man sat close to you .
Casoulet and tripe.
Cows tongue was nice .

After all these years I can still remember my first Routiers meal like it was yesterday.
Before serving up the ubiquitous ragout de lapin garcon appeared with my cutlery and a demi carafe of rose, when i said i hadn’t ordered the wine he said it was included in all the Routiers meals! Bit of a culture shock.

Big burner:

toby1234abc:
Casoulet and tripe.
Cows tongue was nice .

After all these years I can still remember my first Routiers meal like it was yesterday.
Before serving up the ubiquitous ragout de lapin garcon appeared with my cutlery and a demi carafe of rose, when i said i hadn’t ordered the wine he said it was included in all the Routiers meals! Bit of a culture shock.

Not all Routiers have a bottle of Wine on the table these days, some you pay extra for either a 25cl or 50cl Carafe. but still worth going for a meal.

I stopped at this one in the end.

http://www.relais-routiers.com/Relais_Routiers_recherche.asp?nrelais=OCT31268

They do have wine included in the cost of the meal, :smiley: clean place, my beer appetiser and meal cost €14. place was clean and food was ok, not the best, but also not the worst I’ve had. The owner seemed quite young, (or I’m getting old. :frowning: ) I do like the tradition of the owner shaking your hand when you go to the bar to order your meal. :smiley:
Seemed to have a large parking area and there were a few spaces left when I get there at 7pm, but it was full when I went back to my truck. Felt like I took my life in my hands to cross a busy road to get from the truck park to the Routiers though.

Good choice Muckles , I’ve eaten there and it was really enjoyable. Hope you didn’t have trouble parking as it gets quite busy, very popular eatery.

Sorry just noticed your comment about parking. Must learn to read ALL the posts before commenting :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

pierrot 14:
Good choice Muckles , I’ve eaten there and it was really enjoyable. Hope you didn’t have trouble parking as it gets quite busy, very popular eatery.

Sorry just noticed your comment about parking. Must learn to read ALL the posts before commenting :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

you really should read the whole post, :laughing: but no problem,

The only problem I had with the car park was the pot holes on the way out, no problem for most truck. but the one I had was a low racecar transporter, so easily damaged, but just lifted all the way up and returned to ride height once on the road and I was out without damage.

Yes , have to agree, the park is a bit naff !!

Saw this post a bit too late to help, Muckles, but in any case you seem to have found one closer to suit.

I would have suggested Le Relais de la Route d’Or on the D 338 just south of Alencon. Highly recommended, there is a very friendly welcome and they stay open, they have told me, as long as someone is there to eat!

I have stopped a few times. The parking is reasonably surfaced too. One for the future perhaps. :slight_smile:

Not been to the one you did find, so that is in my memory bank as well now. :wink:

If not a race weekend there is plenty of parking with restaurants on the road part of the circuit