Bordeaux truckstop..?

Heading back from Spain in the morning worked out 9 hrs will put me in this area. Could do a 10 if need be but only got a 13 hr day. So my question is what’s it like nowadays to the informed? Thanks…

Hi, I’ve stopped there during the week, but think that it’s only open in the morning on Saturday.

Just checked on the “Truckfly” app and it says that it’s open on Saturday 06.00 to 15.30

I’m presuming you’re talking about “les 3 Cardinaux” junct 4 off the A630 rocade, between the lake and the river

There is or was a few hidden gems off the beaten track, off the forest road between Bayone and Bordeaux on the forest road .
Before Bordeaux .

Toby, the routier at Castets is still going and still open at the weekend (Sat 06.00 - 23.00 & Sun 07.00 - 15.30).
Many a good nice out and weekend spent there, then there’s the one at Liposthey a bit further north just off the A83, open all week except Sunday (Sat 05.00 - 23.00) , then apart from the services ( which are a million times better than those in the UK ) there’s nothing till Bordeaux.

Here now and it’s closed … :unamused: Going to take 45 and head up the road to the services. Beggars can’t be choosers. Found a lidls round the corner so a unit has been dispatched while I look after the motors … Thanks fellas…

Head to the old second world war submarine base by taking the other way around Bordeaux, by the airport.
City centre is walky time for ladies of the day or nights.
Hundreds of eating places in town and some open 24 hours .
Then hit the discos for grab a Granny night .
Write down where the truck is parked in case of getting legless and forget where it is for the taxi back .

n17 trucker:
Here now and it’s closed … :unamused: Going to take 45 and head up the road to the services. Beggars can’t be choosers. Found a lidls round the corner so a unit has been dispatched while I look after the motors … Thanks fellas…

Your post is at 16.31, I’m sure that I said that it closes at 15.30 on Saturdays, probably earlier if there isn’t anybody to serve.

Did you not look at any other posts? I told you about 2 other truck stops on the A83 to Bordeaux that were open til 22.30 on a Saturday

pierrot 14:

n17 trucker:

Your post is at 16.31, I’m sure that I said that it closes at 15.30 on Saturdays, probably earlier if there isn’t anybody to serve.

Did you not look at any other posts? I told you about 2 other truck stops on the A83 to Bordeaux that were open til 22.30 on a Saturday

No your right I didn’t see the other posts as I was driving.! Thanks for the info I ll keep it for a later date. We parked in the Esso north of Bordeaux after getting supplies and had a comfortable weekend. Thanks again …

There used to be a little one on the old N10, now the D 1010 somewhere near Le Barp. I tipped just down the road somewhere, almost out of hours and headed north more in hope than anything else and, hey presto, this one appeared in about a km.

A bit primitive and old school family place, one set menu, no choice, but it was heaven sent to me at the time. :smiley: