Got my first euro job

Hi everyone landed myself a job where I will be going to Belgium pretty regular can’t wait really looking forward to it,just after the usual stuff do you carry euros?is there any tolls?how bad is the train to get on?an what’s it like with people trying to get on or in the wagon do you carry anything for this??

Do you truck ready have Belgium toolbox■■?http://www.multiservicetolls.com/wp-content/uploads/Belgium-12016-V2-3.jpg

As Andrejs says you need a Belgian TOLL, not tool, box. If going with an established company it’ll probably be fitted to truck already.
Need Euros,? Would you work in the UK without Pounds??
Clandestines/immigrants etc are a problem. How big a problem depends on where you stop/nightout etc and the type of trailer you have. A fridge or box with good locks ok but always check pallet carriers, chassis, roof, axles etc. They’ll cut sheet on tippers and dive into bulk loads too.
Train ok but get on/off carefully. Bit close but no need for drama.
Don’t worry, few trips and you’ll enjoy it all.
(Assuming it’s a good company)

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Well done on the job, although Belgium isn’t my favorite country to drive in.

I told a particularly nervous driver I was working with to watch this video before his first Euro Tunnel trip, it seemed to help
Although being made in 2012 a few things have changed, it’s basically the same.

Everybody tells you to go out of the train using the same door you came in on, so you get the right bus, normally this is how it works, but as in the video sometimes they only use one door. Basically Bus A does the front of the Train and Bus B does the back, the Driver should hold a little lollipop out of the bus with the letter on when you’re boarding from the train.

Forget about the Vignette mentioned for Belgium, but you will need one if you venture into Luxembourg or The Netherlands.
The Belgium toll box has been mentioned, the one I’ve used are big grey things with 4 suckers that stick it to your window. and a lead to plug into your power socket. Remember to do this before entering Belgium, it will then start up and is operational when the Green LED is showing. Any problems with it, call the helpline, they’re actually very helpful and speak English.

Unlike other countries which have signs to tell you when you can’t over take on the motorway, Belgium has a blanket ban on all 2 lane motorways, unless signed, sometimes they have a time limit, such as overtaking allowed from 19:00 - 06:00.
They also have an HGV overtaking ban when raining, although not sure how much precipitation is considered rain.

Parking on the services in normally free, but some now have reduced their free parking area and have a secure parking area, which obviously they charge for. Some of the Texaco services give you 20% off your meal when you show them your HGV licence.

The people are like people everywhere, mostly ok but really depends on your attitude when you deal with them, many will speak English and speak it very well, I find Belgium a difficult country to know what language to try :laughing: and speak, some parts it’s Dutch and some parts it’s French, but if you’re going to places regularly try and learn the language, it’s only polite after all and is often appreciated, even if you mess it up a bit.

I’ve written a lot here, but really none of it is really anything to worry about.

Very well put Muckles.

Thanks for the replys went down yesterday an I’m being put with another bloke for the week not ideal but will be handy to learn the ropes off him an get to grips with the whole crossing procedure