Portsmouth-Bilbao

Shipping out Sunday night never used this route before. Simple question what’s the boat like food etc ?

First off it’s around 20 hours on ferry so … enjoy yourself.

I would presume that the deals for freight drivers are the same as all the other Brittany Ferry vessels, 50% off meals, free cabin (probably shared with another driver), free bottle of water, free coffees, reduced breakfast (price not amount of food :smiley: :smiley: ) If they do Cellier des Dauphins red wine 25cl bottles, they might have also the 50% off that too like the other ships. The ship is like a cruiseliner, not sure if it’s still the "Pont-Aven that does the route or the Cap Finistère.
You can go to this site to see all the onboard facilities brittany-ferries.co.uk/fleet/cruise-ferries

22-30 sailing arrive Tuesday at 07.45 for some reason it’s 5-6 hrs longer on the Sunday crossing than midweek. Thanks for the info…

I think on a Sunday it goes via Roscoff. Depending which ship your on it can be quite pleasant this time of the year. Meals are free to freight drivers but if on the freight only ship, the food isn’t too clever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swimming pool on the top deck and get ready for the grab a Granny disco, drivers cabins have four beds, but if not many trucks, you may have a cabin for yourself.
Drivers food is good, you either get the meal from the tourists are queuing to get theirs, thentake it to the drivers restaurant .
Whale spotting with a lecturer is available.
Pack sea sick pills, the Bay of Biscay can be rough all year round and a big vessel can still make a Billy goat puke .
Cinemas with the very latest new released films .

Makavelli:
I think on a Sunday it goes via Roscoff. Depending which ship your on it can be quite pleasant this time of the year. Meals are free to freight drivers but if on the freight only ship, the food isn’t too clever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a look at this, I think it’s the Tuesday sevice that goes via Roscoff

brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferry … uth-bilbao

Was on it a couple of months ago, can’t remember which ship it was, but very little to do, there was a cafe and small shop that hardly seemed to be open and a bar. the foods okay but really meal times are the most exciting bit, except for getting off the bloody thing. :frowning:
The ships they use on the Portsmouth Caen service seem bigger, I remember using the Bilbao boat many years ago and there were night clubs, bars, although I’m not really a party person, but could at least spend a couple of hours watching a film in the cinema or sit in the separate drivers area and watch telly, but think that was P&O running the service then.

Doesn’t it go into Roscoff for a crew change or something like that once a week?

• The Sunday departure departs at 22:30 and is a two night crossing. The ship stops in Roscoff on Monday morning for 1h 30min to allow for a change of crew and to load supplies (passengers may not disembark). The ship arrives in Bilbao on Tuesday morning.

Yes stopped for a crew change… Food was free and ok not marvellous just ok. Not a bad boat at all but a long boring crossing only made better by the fact the pints weren’t scandalous at £3.40 for a kronebourg… Thanks for your comments fellas …

How times have changed!
I used to use the Pride of Bilbao on a Saturday night late 90s early 2000s when I was on for G&S, only ever seemed to be the odd owner driver, G&S and John Mann’s trucks on it.
I also don’t remember getting off on a Monday morning not feeling like ■■■■ after a Saturday and Sunday session.
Many good memories though, I was surprised to read that P&O had pulled out of the route and Brittany Ferries had taken it up.

n17 trucker:
22-30 sailing arrive Tuesday at 07.45 for some reason it’s 5-6 hrs longer on the Sunday crossing than midweek. Thanks for the info…

By running that bit slower they can save up to about 20% of the fuel used …

raymundo:

n17 trucker:

By running that bit slower they can save up to about 20% of the fuel used …

No , it’s because it goes to Roscoff on the way, TO DO A CREW CHANGE !!!

OK ! NO NEED TO SHOUT !!

Do enjoy the brittany ferries the most. There clean tidy and modern. Yet to get a free meal? Got a freight discount tho. There also a live band an other entertainment. If your on with the right crowd of drivers and the drink starts flowing it can get a bit wild at times :smiley: