German 45 hour cab ban

The IRU have just received confirmation from the German Association BGL that the anticipated ban on spending the regular weekly rest in the cabin enters into force in Germany tomorrow, i. e. on 25 May.

Summary of the details:

• the law prescribes that the regular weekly rest may not be spent in the cabin;

• suitable sleeping facilities must be available to drivers at the place where they do spend the rest;
    Apparently, any situations “forcing the driver to stay in the vehicle’s immediate proximity or lacking a bed that can be used by the driver outside the vehicle” cannot be considered as suitable sleeping facilities, as they do not allow for thorough regeneration of the driver.

• in case a driver is found spending his regular rest in the cabin or in another place which is not equipped with the suitable sleeping facilities, this will be considered as not taking the regular weekly rest at all (proportionally);

• fines are therefore identical with those that apply if a driver has completely omitted to take a regular weekly rest:
    · 60 EUR per hour of falling short of the rest for the driver;
    · the transport operator - 180 EUR per hour of falling short of the rest, due to the fact that the company failed to follow the law

The law (published yesterday) can be consulted here (only in German) - www.bgbl.de/xaver/bgbl/start.xav?startb … 7s1214.pdf

The IRU Secretariat in cooperation with the German Associations is monitoring the situation continuously and will inform the Members as soon as new (and officially confirmed) information are available especially on the way these new provisions will be controlled and what evidence the driver/haulier has to present.

you might as well just keep er lit and crack on without the 45 hour break then…handy if your on trip dosh…hung for a sheep etc?? :wink:

Well you need to work to pay the fine - makes sense to me :laughing:

the hooligans pay all fines except for speeding…if you dont know that,you cant be a hooligan… :smiley:

Take card out and all must be ok.If card not in tacho that I not driver and can do what I want.May be driver was working Friday and hand up from company and simply relax in cab.

You want to bet on that, Andrejs?

Andrejs:
Take card out and all must be ok.If card not in tacho that I not driver and can do what I want.May be driver was working Friday and hand up from company and simply relax in cab.

If only it was that easy so when you park in Europe for a 45 where are you going to say you were? Don’t think they will believe you if you tell them you spent your 45 walking from the lorry to your home in Poland and back again

mazzer:

Andrejs:

If only it was that easy so when you park in Europe for a 45 where are you going to say you were? Don’t think they will believe you if you tell them you spent your 45 walking from the lorry to your home in Poland and back again

By rulles driver can spend 45 hours anywhere outside cab without any evidence .But in 45 hours rest driver can not talk to anyVosa,Bag,Police or …

mazzer:

Andrejs:

.In France this rulles ready 3 years.But thousand drivers every weeked sleep in truck 45 hours.I was 3 times and nobody check.All this rulles will be just in “paper”

Andrejs I would hazard a guess that when you take a 45 outside of where the lorry is registered then you will be asked for proof of where you were be it a bank receipt or a hotel receipt and as to getting away with it so far yes due to lack of policing however you only need to be caught once to put a big hole in the lorries earnings for the year

basically just a loophole with a bit of paper round the edge that europlod can use on a whip to fine the flipflops or anyone else that attracts their attention…this way to the cash point if you please…will you need a recipt showing the facility of a bed?,will the phone number of whatever tart you kipped up with,or will the cctv footage of you staggering around blind drunk in the nearest red light area suffice…blank canvas for getting fined at plods whim,moreso if your of the taliban persuasion than on uk,or other countrys plates,but open season for the plod that wants to fill his pockets.

mazzer:
Andrejs I would hazard a guess that when you take a 45 outside of where the lorry is registered then you will be asked for proof of where you were be it a bank receipt or a hotel receipt and as to getting away with it so far yes due to lack of policing however you only need to be caught once to put a big hole in the lorries earnings for the year

Ok ,please show me this rulles.But I can show you link who by French rulles not requared any evidence,proof or …I have sister son in Germany.So if I go to visitor to him that what he can give me for evidence??

mazzer:

Funny or not but to many drivers in Easter Eu company earn more than British drivers.Most drivers take home about 1500-2000 euro.No body want work if less for 1500 per month.Most truck and trailer now in good condition and sometime better than some English company trailers.

Andrejs:

mazzer:

Ok ,please show me this rulles.But I can show you link who by French rulles not requared any evidence,proof or …I have sister son in Germany.So if I go to visitor to him that what he can give me for evidence??

possibly he could give you a video clip of you travelling in the tardis to get there and back in your 45 and having kip in a bed at the same time?
my grandad could do a 1 hit berlin and back in 12 hours,though he was in a lancaster bomber at the time. :slight_smile:

Andrejs:

mazzer:

Funny or not but to many drivers in Easter Eu company earn more than British drivers.Most drivers take home about 1500-2000 euro.No body want work if less for 1500 per month.Most truck and trailer now in good condition and sometime better than some English company trailers.

Lol don’t know which drivers you are talking to but I am constantly asked by EE drivers if there are any jobs at our firm because EE wages are so poor last one I spoke to was from Poland and was paid by the Km he parked up Thursday night to load Saturday morning to tip 700km away on Monday dinner time didn’t say what he was getting per Km but if over those 4 days he earned more than 100 euro I would be surprised, he told me his wages were crap and if EE wages were so good why do they come to the UK and Ireland to work

mazzer:

Andrejs:

mazzer:

Lol don’t know which drivers you are talking to but I am constantly asked by EE drivers if there are any jobs at our firm because EE wages are so poor last one I spoke to was from Poland and was paid by the Km he parked up Thursday night to load Saturday morning to tip 700km away on Monday dinner time didn’t say what he was getting per Km but if over those 4 days he earned more than 100 euro I would be surprised, he told me his wages were crap and if EE wages were so good why do they come to the UK and Ireland to work

Sorry but where you can see in England to many EE drivers wirh long expirience ??Most Ee drivers in England it is boys 20-40 years old without any expirience to drive truck in Eu.Most dont understand what it is CMR.This guys come to England with licence or pass here and start work for drivers because can earn good money.May be some 10-20 percent from all Ee drivers in England have long expirience to drive truck somewhere.

I apppreciate that English is not your first language but what you are writing now makes no sense at all

mazzer:
I apppreciate that English is not your first language but what you are writing now makes no sense at all

Andrejs:
Sorry but where you can see in England to many EE drivers wirh long expirience ??Most Ee drivers in England it is boys 20-40 years old without any expirience to drive truck in Eu.Most dont understand what it is CMR.This guys come to England with licence or pass here and start work for drivers because can earn good money.May be some 10-20 percent from all Ee drivers in England have long expirience to drive truck somewhere.

Here’s how I think I understand what Andrejs wrote…

Sorry, but where in England can you find experienced EE drivers?

Most drivers in England are boys of 20-40 without LGV driving experience in the EU. Most don’t even know what a CMR is.

These guys come to England with a [newish] licence or pass [their LGV test] here and start work as drivers because they can earn good money.

Only about 10% - 20% of all EE drivers in the UK have [a decent level of] experience.

I hope I got it right. :blush:

dieseldave:

mazzer:

Andrejs:

Here’s how I think I understand what Andrejs wrote…

Sorry, but where in England can you find experienced EE drivers?

Most drivers in England are boys of 20-40 without LGV driving experience in the EU. Most don’t even know what a CMR is.

These guys come to England with a [newish] licence or pass [their LGV test] here and start work as drivers because they can earn good money.

Only about 10% - 20% of all EE drivers in the UK have [a decent level of] experience.

I hope I got it right. :blush:

Absolutely right.

Sorry Andrejs but it is true that you need proof where you stayed during your 45 hrs weekly rest.

The French and Belgium authorities will ask for something like a hotel recicpt etc.

I can’t prove it with an article from a truck magazine or something similar. I have an article but that’s in German…