Ferry ticket copy

When we come to Caen that ferry company give ticket A4 format and small ticket to open cabin door in ferry.But at Portsmouth they take back this big ticket.Are this small ticket ok for evidence in future if Vosa,Bags or… ask ticket.

I have never been asked for such info, and unless you combine it with tacho evidence that it was part of an 11 hour recorded break its of no use anyway, but a reminder of what you ate when the runs start, ■■■■■■■■ ferries food for fools,

Like Hotel Magnum never been ask for evidence, but I suppose as it has dates and times you could produce to show you were on a ferry at a certain time, but I think if it’s got to the point of having to produce tickets, you’re already well into the doggy doo and would be time to ask for your phone call. :laughing:

Always kept my ticket also all my French colleagues did the same just on the off chance the French / Belgian police asked you to prove
you had been on a ferry where you had to do a movement during you rest.

I have been asked for a ferry ticket twice once several years ago at Montaban and 3 weeks ago in Stafford and on neither time was I in serious doo doo, was asked for it as a matter of course along with all my other paperwork.

mazzer:
I have been asked for a ferry ticket twice once several years ago at Montaban and 3 weeks ago in Stafford and on neither time was I in serious doo doo, was asked for it as a matter of course along with all my other paperwork.

I stand corrected, :smiley: heard people say about keeping them, but I’ve never been asked for them at checks, maybe I’ve got an honest face. :laughing: Maybe I will keep them in future, especially if I’ve moved on or off a ferry during my rest period.

It’s only on the UK side that they take the main ticket, the French customs don’t even look at it. But I would say that the cabin key is ok , it has the date, the time, the name of the vessel you were on and that numer at the top is your booking reference.

ive always thought the caen ferry grub was quite decent compared to most.plus you get the gentle music to eventually wake you up.nice wee off licence in the petrol station on the way in,and a handy wee shop next to the dock where you can play with tazers and flip batons etc to your hearts content if your in need of a taliban repeller …compare that to the birkenhead/belfast ferry where the only way you get decent kip is to cab it down on the deck.the grub is constantly putrid and your wakened by some scouse/belfast scrubber screeching at you about 90 mins before it docks to make sure your out of the way of the cleaners…theres not much worse a sailing in the civilised world for me.

dieseldog999:
ive always thought the caen ferry grub was quite decent compared to most.

I’m with you on that one DD

Diesel, I don’t know if your a wine drinker but did you know that the small bottles of Cellier are 50% off for drivers ?

i prefer 40 cases of jp chenet on each bunk with the sleeping bag on the top…bit of a rough kip on the last day home though… :slight_smile:

Lasr week I had 7hours rest before rerry and seven in the ferry.Yesterday I drive in Belgium and was stopped by Douane.(not sure it customs ot transport inspection).But they check paperwork and taked my card and check in computer.I give him this ticket and he nothing ask me later.Bring back paperwork ,card.