Sunday Driving Bans in Spain

Hi
Can anyone tell me if there are any Sunday driving bans in Spain please?
I have not been there in a good few years and I cant for the life of me remember.

Cheers

As far as I know Spain doesn’t have a standard Sunday ban like France, Italy etc, but they do have bans for certain regions for certain holidays.

I use a website called

Trafficban.com

To check on weekend and holidays, seems pretty accurate most of the time.

Pretty sure there are regional bans, especially nearer the French border. There certainly were in the Basque area. They are to stop everyone trying to arrive at the French frontier at 22hr00 on Sunday night.

When I drove in Spain, the bans would be shown on overhead gantry signs and I would see a heavy police presence.
Depending on how heavy the traffic was, they would let trucks continue after the ban started with no fines .
Or they would flag you off the road to park you up.
The trick is to find a good place to park with hot food, showers and walking distance to the " Club ".
An added bonus is a beach resort, park behind the hotels or coach parks as in Lloret del Mar .
I ran the gauntlet on a Basque area ban and the nice police lady took about 60 Euros off me, its a gamble .
Hotels are cheap enough, with drivers menu of the day, a room with air con and a bath tub or shower for the ban duration.

Only problem Basque area rest no probs

Who are you going to Spain with?

So getting off the boat in Santander on a Sunday, would mean parking up until 22:00?

■■■■■ - It’s support for a charity bike ride.

lightnin:
■■■■■ - It’s support for a charity bike ride.

Perhaps you could give us the rest of the relevant details, then we stand a better chance of giving you relevant answers.

Things like; what size of truck (up to 3.5t, up to 7.5t, up to 18t for eg)
What the route is planned to be for the Sunday(s) in question, we might be able to tell you how to get around any ban, you won’t be doing any more than 100 miles in a day, if that.
What are the dates of the bike ride, how many, what’s the charity called/for.
There are dispensations, you might be able to get a dispensation for your particular charity job. We might be able to tell you how to apply for a special dispensation, or which office the charity might have to send a pleading letter to.
If you give us this type of information at the beginning it makes things SO much easier.
This could possibly have been sorted out at the beginning of the month, if you’d given us that little nugget then.

The overall reason for going is to support a bike ride.
The plan is to dock in Santander on a Sunday afternoon and drive down to Barcelona in an 18t, arriving sometime Monday.
Hence the question of a Sunday driving ban and can I therefore start the drive to Barcelona on Sunday afternoon or will I have to wait until 22:00

I believe the Basque ban ends at midnight on Sundays, but, Im not certain about it. At about 700km Santander to Barca, personally, Id plan on just doing a straight run down on the Monday. Thatll avoid any problems. Looks like a regional holiday in La Rioja on June 9th if youre coming back through that way again? Can`t see any more.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_holidays_in_Spain
Seems that Mon 5th June is clear is Spain although it is a National holiday in France. (Pentecost)