Parking near monaco

hi guys need your help , taking 3 trucks down to monaco after we’ve unload where is the best place to park , also i take it we can’t take our weekly rest in the truck as we’re not due to reload till after the grand prix all help is much appreciated

many thanks Andy (tattooed)

Grand Prix / race support vehicles used to have to park up on a designated parking area out of town up on the autoroute I think. T/N user Muckles will be along shortly to advise! :wink:

RE parking during the race weekend Ive no advice, sorry. When Ive tipped there with “support gear” I`ve gone off to load elsewhere so never needed to park nearby.
RE week-ending in cab: as I understand it the rules about hotels only apply to compulsory 45hour weekly rest periods. Assuming it is your first week-end break you only need a 24 hour break (although you will parked for over 45hours) so these regs will not apply to you.

You can park at Turbie services, on the A8.

cracker-bar:
You can park at Turbie services, on the A8.

Only a small service area, and Ill bet there wont be much space there on a race weekend? Maybe possible but dont try to hang your hat on it. Same would apply to the services at Cannes too. Possible but not likely. I dont know but Id think the organisers may send trucks back to the Marche at Cannes, La Bocca? But thats only a guess mind!

We used to park near eze…its was only a gravel parking area but the village is only a 15mins walk away…back towards autoroute and off the exit just before the last tunnel before the autoroute follow thru the village and parking comes up on the left…im not positive if it’s still a parking area as I’m just uk boy nowadays… [THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN]otherwise it’s back out to the services…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

tattooed:
hi guys need your help , taking 3 trucks down to monaco after we’ve unload where is the best place to park , also i take it we can’t take our weekly rest in the truck as we’re not due to reload till after the grand prix all help is much appreciated

many thanks Andy (tattooed)

You dont say whether you are driving rigids or artics. Either way, if you were not needed after unloading until after the race then I would get out of the area and head back along the coast and find a little place, a village or small town by the Med, to park up for a few days. I love that part of the world and used to get weekended down there a lot (1980`s though!) and always found somewhere to park up on the coast, even with an 18 metre drawbar. This time of year, the South of France is probably at its best, excellent weather and spring has sprung! Good luck, lets us know what you decided and where you finally parked. :wink:

Franglais:
RE week-ending in cab: as I understand it the rules about hotels only apply to compulsory 45hour weekly rest periods. Assuming it is your first week-end break you only need a 24 hour break (although you will parked for over 45hours) so these regs will not apply to you.

You might not need it, but you are still taking a regular weekly rest in the cab. Whose to say you are not using the 45hour break so you can take a reduced break next weekend?

We used to park at the fruit and veg market in Nice, it’s near the Airport.

I left the truck there a couple of years ago while on a weekend break I believe it was €20 per day.
I stayed in a hotel on Promanade Des Anglais, but believe you can stay in your truck and there is a Cafe on site,
or you can go and be a tourist, but it is a long walk into Nice itself, I know this as I did it, but it’s a nice walk along the the sea front. :smiley:

bullitt:
Grand Prix / race support vehicles used to have to park up on a designated parking area out of town up on the autoroute I think. T/N user Muckles will be along shortly to advise! :wink:

Sorry didn’t see it was F1 before my reply.

I did it with GP2 our trucks doubled up as the workshop and office, so we parked in a multi-story coach park near the Pits.

But I believe a lot of the F1 over spill park in a field on the way out of Monaco before the Motorway, but I don’t think there is a lot round there to do.

thanks for all the help guy’s, flying out there tomorrow and have a meeting on thursday so i’ll let you know where there going to put us

hi guys , well i went over and you were spot on had a meeting with the acm and they do park you up at the dust bowl just as you come into monaco but that will be full so there sending us along to ventimilia but providing a car to get back and forth thanks for the help again

Pictures? This thread will need some pictures! :wink:

Ventimiglia that brings back memories, nip through the fence under the road, down past the animal shelter, relax on the beach take in the sights, avoid the hawkers (big fines for the buyers of counterfeit gear, sold everywhere) stroll back for a relaxed meal before bed, adr distance rules not in there seen every kind of adr in amongst every kind of adr, and added to the list,still remembered as good old times though.

tattooed:
hi guys , well i went over and you were spot on had a meeting with the acm and they do park you up at the dust bowl just as you come into monaco but that will be full so there sending us along to ventimilia but providing a car to get back and forth thanks for the help again

Sounds sorted, :smiley: I always liked dealing with the ACM, they used to come to our GP2 test at Ricard at the start of the year to size up the trucks and work out which side the trailer access doors were on so they could work out the parking layout. They didn’t talk to the team bosses but went and found the truckies and spoke to them about any issues with getting their trucks in and parked.

bullitt:
Pictures? This thread will need some pictures! :wink:

Please allow me to help out, and indulge me in a trip down memory lane. :smiley:
They’re from 2005 to 2010 when I was working for the Isport GP2 team. Monaco for us working there was one of the most difficult races of the season, getting into the car park wasn’t to difficult (well except for one team who had one guy spend a week repairing the belly lockers on the truck as the drivers had wiped them out on a kerb :open_mouth: ) used to have a time slot to turn up at the Jardin Exotique, then follow a scooter to the park up point, the job of the scooter rider was to push the traffic over on some of the narrower parts and hairpin corners, some of them were better at it than others. Although I wasn’t driving in the photos left that to a lad called Tom and then I drove out of the circuit.
Working inside the car park it was never quiet and noise echoed all week from engine starting and pit-stop practices, it seemed as soon as one team finished another would start.

Looking back they were good times and a great team, but like all jobs there were bad times and one or two ■■■■■■■■■ who make things difficult. but they soon got found out and either had to sort themselves out or were out.

Probably one of the teams greatest moments P1 and P3 at Monaco, and 3 of the nicest drivers I ever worked with, (we’d tested Pastor a couple of times, but the team never signed him) I seem to have got onto camera at the podium ceremony with the team, but I normally kept near the back. :smiley:
I didn’t see the race at the time, I was paranoid that as soon as I looked at a monitor it seemed our car would crash. :confused: :laughing: I just remember during the race willing the Engineer to bring Bruno in early for a pit stop so we could get it out of the way.

P5210006.JPG

Some interesting stuff there Muckles and a lovely part of the world too. Hopefully we may get a few more from this years GP posted to this thread. :wink:

I did it 4 years ago in a Sprinter van for Redbull. Obviously as I wasn’t part of the team I dropped the stuff off in pit lane and buggered off to a Eurocamp place near Frejus for the 4 days we had to wait before bringing it back to Milton Keynes. Went into the town on the Sat night before the race for the party, but weren’t allowed back in to collect the stuff until about 2 hours after the race finished. Just a jolly boys outing really :smiley:

IMG_0434.JPG