Chez Jo is no more

Well, ok, just a little report of an excellent new one to me.

Loaded at Monein down in the Pau area Wednesday morning so went down the night before and spent the night at the Auberge Laborde. It’s on the D 817 (old N117) at Mont.

This is one of those that serves one menu only, take it or leave it, and I always take it (even if it means Andouillette :open_mouth: )

First of all the patron welcomes with a great big grin and a handshake that starts way above his head. Had the kir and then paid for the meal. Can you believe it? Repas/cafe €11 :laughing: . Plus €1 for the kir.

Plate of meat and salad to start. Steak and spag for the main. I insisted, as always, seignant (rare in French, mooing in English) and it was a revelation. Looked a bit stringy but the knife was hardly needed, and the taste was out of this world. No doubt at all, the very best steak I have tasted in the last 74 years and 8 months. :laughing:

One little bit of soft cheese (I did say I would eat anything) and a cone of vanilla/choc ice cream for afters.

Went to bed a very happy chap. Apart from the heat of course. 30C, I slept with no covers all night. A bit different from last night up in Brittany, 6C and I had the night heater on for a time before bed.

Back in Perigord in a comfy 21C. :smiley: this evening.

Check it out if you are down that way. :wink: