Parking near the menin gate

sinclair89:

Boatchaser:
Hotel Magnum
I took the 2 kids before we left for Canada, It was a great place and opened the kids eyes we also took them to a small museum and the guy had opened up some old Trench,es and the day we went it was a cold and wet day when the kids saw the trench,es I said to them go for a walk it there ( We had brought fresh clothes with us ) and crawl under things and they walked for a bit when the came out. I said to them can you now image what these guys had to put up with , they were covered in crap ( best time to go ) and as you can see a grave from a Doctor from Liverpool with 2 VC. For me this should be the name of Liverpool airport,yes John Lennon was a local hero but he only wrote music and was well payed for it , but that Doctor Gave more than most men ( get off my soapbox now ) hope you enjoy your trip and look forward to photos from your trip

This gentleman you are talking about has a small memorial in a pub in liverpool called "The Victoria Cross " if you read his wiki page it gives you details on his service during the war. Myself and my brother where drinking in that pub about two weeks ago and we noticed this memorial and now reading this is a funny coincidence.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Yes the BBC did a programme about him what a unbelievable man I find it so odd that we do not celebrate there heroic acts. to do what he did . That was the main reason I went to the war grave commission.s site found out where his grave was ( small graveyard behind some house ) and took the kids to see a hero. Don,t mean to be rude to Mr Lennon but, Dr Noel Chavasse not a native Liverpool man but served his regiment more than could be ask , Chavasse Airport for me ever time and tell the kids in schools across liverpool about him ( again off my soapbox now)