Wtd changes.You for or against

Found info in Polish language.But you can easy make interpritation with google.May be as soon or not bu will some changes with weekly rest rulles.wesprzec-system-31-rozbic-45-minutowa-przerwe-czesci-pozwolic-spanie

Can`t get that link to work mate. Google just gives some stuff about gaming cheats or some sort of social media stuff ?

Franglais:
Can`t get that link to work mate. Google just gives some stuff about gaming cheats or some sort of social media stuff ?

40ton.net/ue-chce-wesprzec-syste … e-kabinie/

This is a link to the above webpage translated into English by Google Translate.

translate.google.com/translate? … auto&tl=en

Looks interesting but I haven’t had time to read it properly yet.

Is this from a Union website? Or whose website is it?
They seem to talk about proposals/suggestions of changes from the European Commission, but there are no links? Is this related to the survey/poll that was on TNUK a couple of months ago (Yes, Its a Survey, But Dont Say You Weren`t Asked ■■).

Taking it at face value however, splitting 45 breaks into 3 x15 breaks is a pretty bad idea I`d say. Only designed to enable a driver to book a break whilst tipping/loading/fuelling up etc. Terrible idea.
Allowing 3 consecutive weekly rest periods of only 24hrs equally crazy.

I can`t see these are genuine suggested proposals? Surely not? Crazy.

I couldn’t find anything about any changes to weekly rest or breaks on the Europa website

In fact I couldn’t even find it being discussed anywhere else, I’m not sure if it’s a fake site or not but I suspect it’s fake news.

This is probably a better link in English than the Google translated one I posted before.
40ton.net/wp-content/uploads/201 … ers-EN.pdf

Could it be someone getting their retaliation in first?
Or even an unfounded internet rumour !! Or alternative news? facts? SHOCK !

Franglais:
Could it be someone getting their retaliation in first?
Or even an unfounded internet rumour !! Or alternative news? facts? SHOCK !

I was editing my previous post while you posted, I can’t find it being discussed anywhere else.

Kin Ell ! Is that all, seriously, being proposed?? I can imagine some employers in the “stack it high, sell it cheap” sector liking any such changes, but I can`t see it being a serious idea. Certainly hope not anyway.

Franglais:
Kin Ell ! Is that all, seriously, being proposed?? I can imagine some employers in the “stack it high, sell it cheap” sector liking any such changes, but I can`t see it being a serious idea. Certainly hope not anyway.

More news.Will some protest 40ton.net/protest-kierowcow-prze … -brukseli/

OK. I can see there’s protests going on. Can you give us some sort of link to an Eu Commission site, or anywhere official, where these supposed proposals are? At the moment it looks like a fight against a rumour?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:
OK. I can see there’s protests going on. Can you give us some sort of link to an Eu Commission site, or anywhere official, where these supposed proposals are? At the moment it looks like a fight against a rumour?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Polish language not my.But if I found some info that I will post.

Translated into English translate.google.com/translate? … auto&tl=en

I still don’t see the information anywhere else so I’d have to say it’s not correct.

That is shocking news.

Thank you for raising it Andrjes and the translations and links guys.

I think this issue needs to be raised on the UK forum.

Edit: I have now raised this on the UK forum hopefully for some sensible discussion.

Franglais:

I can imagine East European transport groups lobbying for change after the recent ruling on staying cab during a full weekly rest period, as its thier haulage industry most affected by this, but if this is happening and how far it’s got in the EU system, if at all if anybody’s guess.

and as my personal view of the EU is its there to look after the needs of the large corporations over that of the workers, much of it driven by the UK goverments of the last 20 years. It wouldn’t surprise me if a proposal like this got serious consideration in the corridors of power.

I think it might be best to keep an open mind on it and keep looking for corroboration, instead of dismissing out of hand.

muckles:

Franglais:

I can imagine East European transport groups lobbying for change after the recent ruling on staying cab during a full weekly rest period, as its thier haulage industry most affected by this, but if this is happening and how far it’s got in the EU system, if at all if anybody’s guess.

and as my personal view of the EU is its there to look after the needs of the large corporations over that of the workers, much of it driven by the UK goverments of the last 20 years. It wouldn’t surprise me if a proposal like this got serious consideration in the corridors of power.

I think it might be best to keep an open mind on it and keep looking for corroboration, instead of dismissing out of hand.

The new thread on the main site is taking the idea at face value. Sunday, Bank Holiday weekend. . . . . .No-one seems to care if it`s fake news or not.

The wages issue will benefit drivers from the E/E areas, as it states that if they are working in a country which has a higher rate of pay, then their employers will have to pay them the higher rate, for example if a driver from Poland, Romania, Bulgaria is on £3 per hour…and he travels through Germany to the UK, then his wages will go up considerably, for if these countries were paying say £5, £6, £7 per hour, then its doubling their wages, and seeing as a lot of them are sitting waiting for a re-load for 3, 4, 5, or 7 days…they will be able to live the life of riley, and will in fact be on a much higher rate than we are…good news really…BUT, i can only see their bosses fiddling a wage sheet…i cant see them pushing the rates up, or the wages to suit some beaurocrat in Brussels to give their drivers such a huge boost. Unless there is proper policing of this, with an official stamp on the documents to show they are on the same rate of pay as the highest payer in the bloc, then i cant see it happening, and most are on trip money anyway.

Franglais:

muckles:

Franglais:

The new thread on the main site is taking the idea at face value. Sunday, Bank Holiday weekend. . . . . .No-one seems to care if it`s fake news or not.

What do you expect, there are people who believe what they’re told in RDC’s so add an Internet link and you’ve sold it to them.
However the discussion will drop off the page in a couple of days or get side tracked and it will be forgotten.
But this thread will last longer and maybe it will be here if there is some proper coroberation of the op.

muckles:

Franglais:

muckles:

Franglais:

What do you expect, there are people who believe what they’re told in RDC’s so add an Internet link and you’ve sold it to them.
However the discussion will drop off the page in a couple of days or get side tracked and it will be forgotten.
But this thread will last longer and maybe it will be here if there is some proper coroberation of the op.

OK. We`ll just sit nice and quiet in our little corner then. Ssshhhh !
You are right of course, too many read half of the original post, then half of the last post before starting typing.

Been there. Done that. Guilty.

Guilty of that too :blush: