ADR training in France

Anybody done the ADR in France ( in French ) ? Off to renew my certificate next week .

Yes and yes. How can I help?

Does it vary much from the UK ? I have done my ADR 3 times in the UK so I don’t expect anything out of the ordinary .
Because my firm didn’t organise the renewal of my certificate before it expired I have to do the initial next week which is 3 days and then 4 days for tanks in June .
What is there extra that takes 7 days rather than 5 in the Uk ?
(and it’s not extra time for lunch .)
Any advice would be nice thanks.

OwenMoney:
Does it vary much from the UK ?
What is there extra that takes 7 days rather than 5 in the Uk ? .

Sorry don’t think I can help much. I have only done it in France so no idea if it varies from the UK. And I only have packages so no idea why tanks is so much longer. I would say that French training in general is very thorough and there is usually a good mix and as long as your French is up to it you will enjoy it.

Alright .Thank you. I will let you know .
The Fimo was 4 weeks . Not quite a holiday but almost .Companies here do like their training . This is costing over 1000 euros and with a replacement driver, my lunches and the company car it all adds up .Have a look at moncompteformation.gouv.fr
A training company in Southampton quoted £525 for 5 days .

Yes, I too did the FIMO here. Enjoyed it and found it interesting. Need to do the FCO later this year.

FCO scheduled in for September if not before . Drh baulked at June saying I had enough training time . As it can be done 6 months before the Fimo expires I would rather it was done sooner and out of the way .
Will post how next week goes .
Owen

Right . Got the base 3 days passed and the training card is on its way.

Now there is a 4 day course to do for the tank part .

Any body done this before ?

OwenMoney:
Right . Got the base 3 days passed and the training card is on its way.

Now there is a 4 day course to do for the tank part .

Any body done this before ?

Hi OwenMoney,

The ADR tanks module is just over 1.5 days here in the UK (10 x 45mins lessons) but it’s clearly very different in France. :open_mouth:

Hello,
I have done the ADR 3 times in the UK before I had to do it in France .The 3 day initial was much the same with more French national laws included .I will find out at the start of June when I have 4 days for the tanks.
The only reason I am doing it here is the way the funding for training is calculated .All firms pay into a training budget and each person gets 24 hours of training a year allocated to them .
I hope there is someone out there who has done this part of the ADR.

If you give me some specific questions then I can always ask a French mate who has done it what you do in the four days.

I alway’s thought adr was a blanket qualification across Europe.

m.a.n rules:
I alway’s thought adr was a blanket qualification across Europe.

You’re correct in that the ADR qualification is mutually recognised and must meet agreed minimum criteria.

In this case, France has decided that they want to do more than the minimum in regard to the tanker module, which isn’t a problem.

I’ve got no real knowledge of France and the French, but it’s fair to say that they may well have lots of their own rules which only apply to national dangerous goods traffic within France. Given that OwenMoney is taking his ADR qualification in France, he’ll have to learn their national rules too if the French authorities decided that it’s to be included.

I can say for a fact that both the UK (in CDG) and Germany (in GGVSEB) have national rules for the national carriage of dangerous goods, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the French did too.

The part that’s the “blanket” that you mentioned is that ADR relates to international dangerous goods journeys by road, whereby we all do that international work in the same way.

as usual a full and informative reply. thanks dave.

Héraultais:
If you give me some specific questions then I can always ask a French mate who has done it what you do in the four days.

Thank you.
No specific questions to be asked. Just looking for info and advice.
Regards
Owen