Crossing Luxembourg?

Any special restriction there if cross from Germany to Belgium?There any tool road or all free.If charge that how possible pay??What about parking for night if will requared.It is save just some 15 miles but can be travel there,watch new country,some food.

Last time I did Luxembourg it was on a Eurovignette. Pay online before entering Lux., could be done at service areas in Germany with fuel cards. Too late once you arrive at the frontier. Big queues at fuel stations for cheaper diesel and ciggies etc.

Yep, the good old Eurovignette is still required in Lux. 8€ per day. For years it was impossible to buy the vignette in Lux (except at an office in the middle of town :unamused: ) but it is now available at Wasserbillig services if entering from Germany.

However it is prudent to purchase at a service station before the border to avoid the old “sorry machine kaputt today” story when you are already sitting at the border.

These days it is best to buy online. Get your office bods to do some actual work on your behalf.

From personal experience I can attest that failure to purchase a Vignette is rather expensive :blush:, although you do get a ride in a nice comfy van to a hole in the wall to extract copious amounts of folding beer tokens.

Parking at services in Lux is usually crammed with our eastern European friends and although there are no restrictions heading towards Belgium, it is forbidden to park in Lux from Saturday to Sunday night if transiting to France or Germany in order to sit out the respective Sunday bans.

Oh, and if you are not actually delivering in Lux do not leave the transit routes (motorways) to go on a cross country jolly as this can also prove to be very expensive if you are caught.
Anyway, the side roads are generally narrow, twisty and tree lined. Best avoided in a truck.

Payment machine at Luxembourg airport cargo terminal also.

Slightly off topic but I only went through Lux once in the 90’s, every exit off the motorway had a 7.5t weight limit! Is this still the case?

GORDON 50:
Slightly off topic but I only went through Lux once in the 90’s, every exit off the motorway had a 7.5t weight limit! Is this still the case?

Basically you’re allowed to Transit the country on the m-ways but no stopping off for sight seeing! I did a few collections there a few years ago and had no problems. Nice clean place but nowt too special to me.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Ok done .Just I buy vignette not at first services but ready near Lux.Nobody stop me,should be ok.

Used to transit Lux while driving for a big Austrian firm Lindner, green and red trucks with British and Hungarian drivers .
Fuel up cheap, but a long way way round from Southern Spain to the UK .
Lots of forbidden signs off the main routes, so the locals lose out on revenue from drivers who cant get there .
Habay truck stop in Belgium used to do roast meat on a skewer .
Chunks of meat the size of a Rubicks cube.
Pizza outlets on Belgium Msa, like that .
Found Lux a weird country trying to impersonate the USA .