Austria move

Could anyone advise me on Austria driving restrictions ? I’ve been asked to take an 18t of house move furniture to Niedernsill then onto Italy but on planning the Austrian restrictions are flashing 7.5t on route for a great distance [emoji51]

On research via the Austrian web and its full of tolls regarding a Go-box?

Does this allow access to the limits because of emissions calculations instead of weight??

Not done Europe so this is a bit of a head spin.

Any helpful advice on this would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sub the job out to a reputable company. :bulb:

Suedehead:
Sub the job out to a reputable company. :bulb:

Could be an opportunity for good earner this as been asked for a price. It’s just the road in throwing spanners at me

Any advice would be great

You`ve “not done Europe” ? Not at all? Do you have an International Permit, but have never used it? You say 18tons of house hold furniture? Or is that an 18 ton truck?

Its relatively simple, aslong as you have all your paperwork with you.

Stop before you reach austria, look out for the autohof signs with “Go vertrieb” written on them.

Go in with you paperwork, pay your deposit, load up your box and of you go. Make sure you set the number of axles correctly and it beeps once when you go under the gantrys. If it beeps more then once pull over at the nexr services. I think you get a instruction book anyway which explains this. You can return it at any go vertrieb when you leave austria and get your deposit back.

The tolls/maut start at 3.5T in austria.

Reddiesel88:
Not done Europe so this is a bit of a head spin.

Of course you will also need to be up to speed on those pesky Belgium and German tolls before you even turn a wheel in Austria.

Just saying…

Franglais:
You`ve “not done Europe” ? Not at all? Do you have an International Permit, but have never used it? You say 18tons of house hold furniture? Or is that an 18 ton truck?

Getting green card on hire it’s a private job on behalf of a company boss

Concretejim:
Its relatively simple, aslong as you have all your paperwork with you.

Stop before you reach austria, look out for the autohof signs with “Go vertrieb” written on them.

Go in with you paperwork, pay your deposit, load up your box and of you go. Make sure you set the number of axles correctly and it beeps once when you go under the gantrys. If it beeps more then once pull over at the nexr services. I think you get a instruction book anyway which explains this. You can return it at any go vertrieb when you leave austria and get your deposit back.

The tolls/maut start at 3.5T in austria.

Cheers for that heads up… I can get upto kufstien no worry it’s the B roads about an hour drive away where it gets difficult, looked into the restrictions Austria is plagued with them

Reddiesel88:

Franglais:

Not sure what youre saying here? I dont wanna tell you not to make a few quid doing a job, but if you get it wrong you could well be in a pile of ordure with fines to pay and a long walk home… You may sail through all the controls etc with absolutely no problems, Im sure someone will soon post about how theyve done it a million times with no worries. I`m sure many have. But not all.
so,
Is vehicle yours or on hire?
What size, weight?
What permits and licences do you have?

If youre doing this "as a favour" "not being paid" and its “all your own stuff” not for “hire and reward” you may sail through all the controls or you may well be stopped by someone who may not believe a word of what you say, and when youre at the side of the road, its up to you to convince them you`re all correct.

Oh and don’t forget that winter regulations apply in Austria from 1st November until 15th April:

Trucks over 3.5t require a minimum of 2 winter tyres on the drive axle and snow chains MUST be carried on the vehicle. Draconian fines for miscreants!

I thinks I’ll have to admit defeat on this one can’t get in one man!!

Reddiesel88:

Franglais:

This was a non starter from the off. If you were being paid for it, then it isn’t a private job. You would have been like a lamb to the slaughter for the first authorities that stopped you. One impounded vehicle and it’s load, with you stuck at the roadside not having a clue how or when you would get home.

Franglais:

Reddiesel88:

Franglais:

Not sure what youre saying here? I dont wanna tell you not to make a few quid doing a job, but if you get it wrong you could well be in a pile of ordure with fines to pay and a long walk home… You may sail through all the controls etc with absolutely no problems, Im sure someone will soon post about how theyve done it a million times with no worries. I`m sure many have. But not all.
so,
Is vehicle yours or on hire?
What size, weight?
What permits and licences do you have?

If youre doing this "as a favour" "not being paid" and its “all your own stuff” not for “hire and reward” you may sail through all the controls or you may well be stopped by someone who may not believe a word of what you say, and when youre at the side of the road, its up to you to convince them you`re all correct.

It’s a favour but I will be paid Its a house move.

I’m class 1 so size is no issue just the logistics issues.

It will be a hire vehicle at least 18t

I not a guy that just gets the keys and go that’s why I’m asking for knowledgeable experience

GBPub:

Reddiesel88:

Franglais:

This was a non starter from the off. If you were being paid for it, then it isn’t a private job. You would have been like a lamb to the slaughter for the first authorities that stopped you. One impounded vehicle and it’s load, with you stuck at the roadside not having a clue how or when you would get home.

To be honest I wouldn’t go without the checks and balances mate

Taking this at face value, you may sail straight through with no problems. If stopped (hired truck,good chance) you will be asked for your documents, vehicle documents including International Permits. You wanna argue they aren’t needed? Right or not, how fluent are you in French, Flemish and German? You have to prove to them you’re good to go. No option to produce necessary docs sometime next week. If the person you’re doung the job for is in the cab with you, and they’ve got good evidence they own the goods, and their old and new addresses you may well swing it. Who knows? A couple of weight limits on roads you need to use to gain access to a delivery point is the least of your potential worries. Down to you.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I don’t know where you are based but get your boss to contact Appleyards of South Yorkshire, they are regularly over in Austria and a professional removal company 01709 549718, ask for David. If there is flexibility on dates he can go as a part load and chances are it will be cheaper than running a truck out there himself

Just to let you know Job done…compromised to 7.5t . No trouble apart from German police check on route home at a service stop outside Stuttgart… route through France, Belgium. Luxembourg, Germany. Austria … got go box near Austrian border and refund homeward bound… difficult part was the mountain pass 3.5t limit but got up regardless… may thanks to those who gave positive feedback [emoji28]

Glad to read it went ok.
It’s nice to get the feed back as well :slight_smile:

I would certainly recommend eurotunnel instead of the ferry the extra price is well worth it. Very organised for freight on the French side, check and check again for taliban sniffer dogs everywhere!! Helps when they help you to avoid a nasty bill on the other side!! I remember going on a drive holiday a couple of years ago and a trucker pulling a stowaway from underneath clinging to his axel just before boarding…No chance of that with the Train…

Reddiesel88:
Just to let you know Job done…compromised to 7.5t . No trouble apart from German police check on route home at a service stop outside Stuttgart… route through France, Belgium. Luxembourg, Germany. Austria … got go box near Austrian border and refund homeward bound… difficult part was the mountain pass 3.5t limit but got up regardless… may thanks to those who gave positive feedback [emoji28]

Any pics ?