Euro class sticker for austria

Have a truck heading for vienna in the next couple of weeks and am aware of the fact we need to purchase one of these. I realise they can be purchased from various places whilst we are out there but would like to get it sorted in advance, my question is what documentation is required to prove the emissions class on the vehicle?

I think your log book will be ok ,I did contact Daf at Marlow or Thame for a cert of mine .

go-maut.at/portal/faces/pag … rtal.xhtml

I got one last year, I found an email address for the people who supply them and got it sorted that way, but I’ve left the company and can’t get into my old email addresses.

UK Log books don’t always contain emissions level, mine didn’t so I sent them cert of conformity or something from the manufacture.

This has more info, but it’s all in German.

you could PM Concretejim I think he’s based in Austria or works for an Austrian Company.

This from the ÖAMTC website:

Für eine problemlose und richtige Einstufung der Abgasklasse ist die Vorlage sämtlicher abgasrelevanter Zulassungsdaten nötig.

“For a problem free and correct classification of the exhaust class, it is necessary to submit all exhaust gas relevant accreditation data”.

This mob based in Germany are offering a 3-7 day delivery window for the princely sum of 39,90€: umwelt-pickerl.at/nc/en/store.html

Alternatively a 10-14 day turnaround for 15€ (the Austrian workshop price being 26€ so caveat very much emptor I would suggest) from here: webshop.logpay-transport-servic … m_store=de

To pick up the sticker at a workshop in Austria a PDF of locations can be downloaded from this website: oeamtc.at/portal/ig-luft-abg … 00+1387398.
Scroll down to: Informationen zum Download
ÖAMTC Stützpunkte, an denen die Abgasklassen-Kennzeichnungsplaketten ausgegeben werden, finden sie hier. (pdf)

This will probably be quicker and cheaper than buying online. May be wise to give your chosen outlet a ring beforehand to arrange an appointment.

(Please disregard my first post as I had just returned from an extended liquid lunch :blush: )

Not required, I’ve been twice recently and no problems, when you buy the Go Box you will show all your documents at the attendant, he will give you your box and a form that you need give to your employer to prove your Euro class. Something like 14 days from issue of Go Box.
Only sticker you possible could need if wanted is the L allows you to drive during the night and weekends. (Low Noise)

jonesy5573:
Not required, I’ve been twice recently and no problems, when you buy the Go Box you will show all your documents at the attendant, he will give you your box and a form that you need give to your employer to prove your Euro class. Something like 14 days from issue of Go Box.
Only sticker you possible could need if wanted is the L allows you to drive during the night and weekends. (Low Noise)

Its the law, so make your own mind up if its “not required” or it is. Just depends if you get pulled, if you go through a checkpoint etc etc etc.

The fine is normally over 10x what the sticker and certificate cost so make your own mind up. Its available at any truck workshop, theres plenty on the side of the motorways normally. The original Log book and confirmation of euro class are needed, the receipt from your go-box will suffice.

As for the L sticker thats a different ball game altogether. It does not automaticly let you ignore the weekend driving ban, or the nighttime driving ban. Some roads are exclusively for quiet trucks(larmarmesfahrzeug-L) worgl-salzburg missing the german triangle in the daytime aswel as nightime for example. In some places there are total night driving bans, unless you have a euro 6 truck. A12 inntal autobahn as another example.

The Asfinag website, is informative and tells you everything you need to know, its just in german.

As I said in a previous post I got mine posted to me by the Oamtc (Which I think is an Austrian version of the AA or ADAC.)

They were extremely helpful and only took a couple of emails to sort it out and paid by BACS, the sticker was posted and arrived in a few days.

The only problem is I don’t know who I originally contacted to start the ball rolling.

I did notice that the German trucks at the circuit had either a German emissions sticker or an Austrian one not both, not sure if there is a bit of cross border understanding,
Would be good as the way it’s going we’ll need automated trucks as you won’t be able to see out of the window after it’s been covered with toll boxes and emission stickers, :smiley:
I believe the French now (or will soon) require one to go into various cities.