Caen/Leharve to Jaen, Spain for Sunday

Hi lads (and lasses),

I’m no stranger to driving on the wrong side (cab and road), but I have just landed myself with the task of getting to Jaen (near Granada), Spain on Sunday from Caen (or LeHarve), France.

Apart from my jollies, I’ve never driven in Spain and I last went to the South of France 6 years ago with a firm that had Toll boxes.

Basically I need a sensible route that doesn’t cost too much in tolls, nor fuel and time. I know, yes, I don’t want much do I? lol.

I have looked on Autoroutes, which gave me Eu283 via motorways or Eu46 via back roads.

Any help/advice etc. very gratefully received, as my mind is now mush.

Thanks

When you say Sunday, is that crossing Channel Sunday. or leaving Franch port Sunday? How long have you got to do trip? I can understand you wanting to balance tolls against time, but any deadlines involved? Artic, non-haz, under 4 meters, what weight?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:
When you say Sunday, is that crossing Channel Sunday. or leaving Franch port Sunday? How long have you got to do trip? I can understand you wanting to balance tolls against time, but any deadlines involved? Artic, non-haz, under 4 meters, what weight?

Arriving Sunday for a 24hr before Monday 08.00 local tip.
Departing Thursday morning Portsmouth.
Artic, 40t, 5 axle, non ADR, 4.0m

Leaving Pompey Thu morn is only the Caen boat I think?
A84 to Nantes is free but north bit is lumpy. Burns a bit more fuel but savings on peage. From Nantes avoid peage by going Cholet Bressuire Parthenay Niort. Onto peage Niort Bordeaux. On that route you’ll hit Bx on 8hrs driving.
I’d be tempted to go 121 Pamplona towards Zaragoza and towards Madrid on NII but it’s a long while since I’ve done it so Andrew G would be better placed to advise?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:

Thanks for the advice. I think you are correct on the boat. Why the French have to charge so much is beyond me, it just sends us all on to the back roads. Bonkers!

Anyway thanks again as I’m lost west of the West German corridor.