Romania

Hi every first time user. Going to Romainia next week any tips on witch way to go? and is there any special requirements needled all help would be great thanks Mick

Depends where you are going when it comes to route. If Bucharest then most of the trip is good new motorway but when that ends expect mountainous poor roads . Watch out for stray dogs on nationals too . Last trip I did was in one border and out another and it’s a bit " old school " so expect a queue . It’s a beautiful country that said , enjoy .

Look for you personal item,lock cab all thetime .There to many good people but to many gi…sy who can stolen evething very wuicly and profesionaly.

Thanks for your feed backs guys. Just found out it’s south west of the capital where I am going. Will useing a euro liner with machinery will I expect cut curtains or best to park doors open? And are the police over there corrupt. As in coffie money?.

Micky001:
Thanks for your feed backs guys. Just found out it’s south west of the capital where I am going. Will useing a euro liner with machinery will I expect cut curtains or best to park doors open? And are the police over there corrupt. As in coffie money?.

I think I’m in best position to answer.
So! Be very careful where you park. I’d recommend on the motorway or secured parking. If you are empty, definitely doors opened. I think police was cleaned in recent years but may be some that still slipped away for now. Indeed, you can expect queue at Nădlac border for many hours. Expect @least 4 h queue. Also hope your digicard is clean because ISCTR(RO Vosa) will be very happy to fine you.
I don’t know if bribe works anymore.
And also watch out for gypsy! Stealing is in they’re culture. Working class Romanians don’t steal although “every beautiful forest has some bad trees”.
Be prepared also for a lot of beautiful women in urban areas and quite possible they know English as well.

Nobody mentioned the stunning looking ladies.
In the UK we have Greggs munching pie and pasty lovers that look like a hippopotamus or beached whale, sad but true, and drive pink cars with fake eye lashes on the car headlights with a sticker that says "Powered by fairy dust "
RO trip, photocopy all vehicle documents in case of a cab break in.
Photocopy the passport .
Vehicle documents must be original, no photocopies .
Attestation activity form if had time off for illness, holidays or absences to show gaps in tacho records .

Be aware of trucks flying at you on the wrong side on National roads, they overtake even on bends. Make sure you know where you’re fuelling too, as limited stops with certain fuel cards. A lot of the deliveries will speak English I found, just be polite and you’ll be sorted. Border queues are long, so bring plenty to do whilst waiting. It is a beautiful country as mentioned. Get your vignette at the border at Nadlac. There is a little cabin just as you enter the country.

Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but why are there several hour long queues to get in to Romania from Hungary when Romania has been in the EU for going on 10 years?

robinhood_1984:
Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but why are there several hour long queues to get in to Romania from Hungary when Romania has been in the EU for going on 10 years?

România its not in Schengen space as well as Switzerland or UK

• they are understaffed and underequipped

bigvern1:
Be aware of trucks flying at you on the wrong side on National roads.

What you mean by this?

Carco:

bigvern1:
Be aware of trucks flying at you on the wrong side on National roads.

What you mean by this?

this…
youtube.com/watch?v=79qwkq9XF7E

theres a good amount driving with their “must make the boat” happy button engaged.the only trouble is,there not even heading for the boat!! :open_mouth:

YEAH ^That^

Carco:
România its not in Schengen space as well as Switzerland or UK

• they are understaffed and underequipped

Switzerland is in Schengen.

shade:
Depends where you are going when it comes to route. If Bucharest then most of the trip is good new motorway but when that ends expect mountainous poor roads . Watch out for stray dogs on nationals too . Last trip I did was in one border and out another and it’s a bit " old school " so expect a queue . It’s a beautiful country that said , enjoy .

Hahaha its great craic isn’t it you see the great big sign for motorway and follow it to Bucharest and then half way down it you remember where it dumps you out on the ■■■■ road but already committed… done it too many times then i dare admit instead of shooting across the top. Feel like a ■■■ every time.

How was your trip micky?