Belgian Toll Boxes

Does anyone know if there is a way of dimming the display on these boxes? Or is a case of putting a piece of tape over it can’t stand having anything bright in the cab when driving at night.

I don’t see anything like an options button, so I think you’ll have to cover the screen.

Thanks, thought as much ■■■■ thing is far to bright, all you need to be able to see is the green light so you know it is working.

I would prefer to throw the big ugly thing in the bin as I believe the French one can now do Belgium as well.

I am also suspicious that the Belgian box eats battery power (Volvo FH) if you leave it plugged in while parked up.

Depends what box you have, the kapsch unit( normally blue, normally 12v cig lighter type) which does france, spain, portugal also does belgium. It is pretty much unlit and its pretty much the size of a go-box.

If you have a satellic box, i taped it over last time i drove a truck with one in. Why people have them is beyond me, specially when the kapsch one is over half the size and does 4 countries.

This is what you get when the ‘Hard wired’ OBU decides not to work anymore & you have to get a new one…

OBU GoneWrong.jpg

Geoffo:
This is what you get when the ‘Hard wired’ OBU decides not to work anymore & you have to get a new one…

LOL the hardwired one would be getting removed hardwired or not, is there much of an issue with their reliability? only use mine once or twice a month but seems to be ok

Had the old one taken out &the new one hard wired in last week by Volvo.
I know of a couple of people that have had issues with them.

Hi can anyone tell me where I can get a Belgian toll box and what is the cost ?

Djk1:
Hi can anyone tell me where I can get a Belgian toll box and what is the cost ?

Have a look at this site

satellic.be/en-UK

Click on “where to get an OBU”
then click on option 2 (service points)