Tour-Event Driving Season

Hi…

Could anyone please advise me if there is a peak period annually when the tour/event operators are generally looking for additional drivers? I have all the the international experience needed; but little to no contact in this specific area of the business.
As with many things in life, I think timing will be key!

A pressing need on the operators part may overcome my lack of background in the field. At least I hope so :wink:

Any advice greatly appreciated…

Best. …

Jack

If you look at the Transport Photos forum further down the main page you will see a thread titled Tour Trucks Photos. You could post a question on there or contact the main posters direct by PM, bear in mind though that they may well be away at the moment.

My understanding is that if you get a start it will be as a second or third driver on a truck, long hours and lots of nights!! Personally, I would get a couple of weeks worth of stuff together in a bag, grab your passport and go and knock on a few doors direct. Its worked for me before. Good luck.

Im starting my new job doing this on monday. from what ive been told the boom time will be from the beginning of the new financial year

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bullitt: I think knocking on doors is the way to go. Will check out the section you suggest!
Chainmail: Good luck on Monday, I hope it all works out for you…

Thanks Boys…

Brian Yeardley do concerts/exhibition work all over Europe and TIR countries .
Top of the range equipment, very well paid but need five years Lhd experience but you can wing it at the interview .
Away for a few months .
They are based in Wakefield, ask for Kevin the MD.
The low ride kit gets damaged on the Dutch ferry when boarding or exiting the ship .
Extra earnings on clicking at concerts or lighting/sound equipment ■■■■■■■ .
You can take home £1000 per week.

toby1234abc:
…You can take home £1000 per week…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: …Toby, seriously? :confused: Their phones will have melted by the end this weekend! :laughing:

Thanks Toby…

Greatly appreciate the advice; although as Bullitt points out.
I may be applicant 415 by now :frowning:

Seriously though, I didn’t know they did this type of work and appreciate your help. I’ve seen their units all over the continent, but always thought they were regular curtainsiders. I really need to start paying more attention :laughing:

Best…Jack

Yeardleys pay £200 if on concerts, plus the bonuses for not wrecking the lorry and keeping the cab clean .
Plus the weekly wage,nights out, it soon adds up.
Free grub at the venues.
There is agency in Trowbridge that supplies drivers for film set locations to drive the equipment around Europe.
I spoke to a driver who went to Morocco.
He did Star Wars , the latest film out and Bridget Jones baby.
No sleeping in the cab, hotels paid .

Any idea what the name of said agency in Trowbridge is called?

EAUKDS ltd Trowbridge .

toby1234abc:
EAUKDS ltd Trowbridge .

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=97306

Thankyou to both Toby and Bullitt for replying I may just give them a shout.

You Guys, now look what you’ve gone and done :smiley:
I’d better get back to the laptop and get my papers in or Nick will get the only job going :open_mouth:
Have a good weekend all…
Jack

These Bunch advertise about this time each year they move and set-up hospitality units for various motorsport teams including Ferrari.
procar.co.uk/
Don’t know much about pay, pretty sure it will be seasonal work,the job is normally called Driver Rigger, which means a bit of graft.

There are loads of companies doing Event and exhibition work, just do a Google search and you’ll turn a few up.

Are the Eastern European firms not really into concert/event type work then ?

bald bloke:

My mate does it, and he says it’s just starting to go that way.

Harry Monk:

bald bloke:

My mate does it, and he says it’s just starting to go that way.

That’ll be a shame for the boys then if or when it occurs.

Some of the replies here are making me LOL !!!

Anyway , if you want a start get ringing the usual suspects now for work starting spring / summer .

Yeardsleys are a general haulage firm who also do some event work , so be prepared to be doing groupage work as a norm. There drivers are not earning a grand a week Toby !!!

I also don’t know any EE firms doing any touring so I don’t know why this has been suggested■■?
There are a couple of tour drivers on here such as GB1 or Euromat who will put you right , they helped me out in my early days too , top lads . If you need REAL facts about tour/event work ask them ( or feel free to pm me ) . It’s always better than listening to someone who doesn’t actually do the job :laughing:

As I say , do some research ( as the jobs not for everyone ) and then get on the phone.
Good luck

Shade…Check PM’s when you can…Thanks!

I worked for yeardleys for about 4 months and left towards the end of 2016. Anyone who thinks they will earn a grand a week is kidding themselves, the pay is £73 a day Monday to Friday regardless of hours so if you do 15 hours then at minimum pay thats £4.95 an hour. I reported them to the minimum pay comission but because of the crafty way they pay you I couldn’t prove how many hours I did to earn my wage. They say you need lhd experience but in reality they are desperate for drivers because anyone with any sense leaves. Wouldn’t touch this place with a barge pole.