2016...How far did we get this year?

Well, the Euro driving forum seems to have gone a bit quiet, so, as its that odd time between Christmas and New Year I thought I would fire up a new thread. So, how far did we all get this year? Anywhere unusual and off the beaten track?? Anyone get across to Russia or the “Stahns” or down into North Africa? Turkey seems about as far East as its safe to go now but did anyone do any “sellers” to Doha via Egypt?

Answers with pics if possible on a postcard please!! :smiley: :wink:

Nothing to exciting this year but a change of company meant I went to some circuits I’ve never been before and others I haven’t been to for many years.
Went to Brands Hatch for the first time in nearly 10 years, I hadn’t been to Nurburgring since 2009 then went there 6 times this years.
Went to Misano for the first time. Furthest I went was Budapest, longest period away was 5 weeks basically going between the Nurburgring and circuits in Italy. only 1 trip to Spain , after going there or to Portugal regularly for many years to race or test, which is a shame as I like driving in Spain especially in the more remote parts.

I’ll try and get some pictures together, but they’re likely to be of cars and trucks more than scenery.

muckles:
I’ll try and get some pictures together, but they’re likely to be of cars and trucks more than scenery.

Cheers Muckles, I did a short bit for Bernie E. many years ago. I didn’t stick around to long. :unamused:

A few pictures, like I said not much scenery, but might interest a few people.

I seem to remember you saying before not having a good time at FOM, the jobs not for everybody but I seem to have stuck it out for a few years. There is plenty of graft and times when it seems a bit ■■■■, but then other times its great and you get to work with some top people. One of which is the last guy and his mate from Audi. Spent many nights having a few beers with them this year, they reckon my German gets better after a few, I just think ■■■■■■ is a universal language. :laughing:

Not far at all this year again :frowning:
The furthest I’ve been is to a little place just inside Germany on the Austrian border, a bit South of Passau and North of Salzburg, called Burghausen.

Few pictures from a job we did to Marrakech this year. Exhibition job, wait and return. Never want to visit Tangier Port ever again!!!

Nice one James, I would say that Marrakesh definitely qualifies as “off the beaten track”! I have never experienced the delights of Tangier but there are quite a few on here who have!

I have however experienced Marrakesh and I share the same sentiment about that place! :laughing:

St Petersburg and Moscow again this year , also got to new destinations for me such as Serbia , Romania and Bulgaria .

New job so I’ve got further than before, North was Helsinki and Oslo, east was Straczecin in Poland, south was Taormina on Sicily, west was Nantes.