DFDS new ships C/D/C route

Just seen a vid about the 2 new vessels that DFDS are going to introduce on the Dover/Calais/Dover route,
Côte de Flandres and Côte des Dunes, look impressive.

Aren’t these just recycled Sea France boats?

Not sure Harry, could be

Looks like they are the old rodin ane beloiz wonder where the freighter pas des calais is hiding

hanson:
wonder where the freighter pas des calais is hiding

Currently running between Spain and Morocco according to this.

shipspotting.com/gallery/pho … id=1740405

And looking like a floating ice cream cart !! :unamused:

raymundo:
And looking like a floating ice cream cart !! :unamused:

Harry Monk:

hanson:
wonder where the freighter pas des calais is hiding

Currently running between Spain and Morocco according to this.

shipspotting.com/gallery/pho … id=1740405

been on that thing many times. the vibrations when docking could rattle your fillings out. :frowning:

Built 1987. 14k tonnes. Right size for quick turnaround on short (Calais /Dover) runs. At 30years old I wonder if she has had the exhaust cleaned up, or will she be contributing to the London smog?

Franglais:
Built 1987. 14k tonnes. Right size for quick turnaround on short (Calais /Dover) runs. At 30years old I wonder if she has had the exhaust cleaned up, or will she be contributing to the London smog?

The two P&O boats on the Hull - Zeebrugge boats are the same age.
They are going to be phased out due to new European emissions regulations, according to the grapevine.
The same grapevine says that it isn’t a simple fix, the 30 year old engines can’t be modified enough to get past these new emissions limits.
Replacing the engines would cost P&O more than replacing the boats, so they’re replacing the boats.
From what I understand, the present Hull - Europort boats will be rerouted and two new, bigger boats will come in. They’ll be building another jetty and link-span on the river, or putting another link-span facing the opposite way on the same jetty as the present river terminal.