Starting a lorry company in Lebanon, driving into EU/UK

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. Born and raised in London, I’ve wanted to drive lorries since I was 12, after having played Euro Truck Simulator… I am finishing my business studies soon and relocating to Lebanon (the Republic, not the town in Tennessee) where I would like to start a logistics company that would deliver goods to/from Europe to/from the Middle East.

I have a few questions regarding tachographs and permits for the lorries, so that they can drive into the EU/UK:

• I’ve seen images of Uzbek lorries in Calais. As far as I know, Uzbekistan is not the EU, and doesn’t issue tachograph cards. Neither does Iran.

• How do foreign truckers get CPCs?

• Could Lebanese truckers get the visas required to drive in Europe?

• Lebanon doesn’t issue tachograph cards. Would the drivers have to get a license in (for example) Turkey or Bulgaria?

• I have seen websites (and then cars which have used the services) offering “off-shore vehicle registration” for all sorts of trucks/lorries/motorcycles in Tuvalu, Cook Islands, Vanuatu, Gambia, etc… can lorries that are plated outside of the EU all be used within the EU, or is there a “monopoly” on the country of registration for the vehicles? Because 5000€ is cheaper than VAT on a 120,000€ truck.

• How much money would I need to get the project off the ground?

If anyone could please give me some advice, I would highly appreciate it. I was not sure where to put this post, so I posted it here in this thread.

Welcome to the forum, but I doubt anybody here will be able to answer any of these questions, other than to say that vehicles registered outside the eu may operate within the eu, subject to the usual cabotage restrictions. Is there a market for what you are proposing to do?

Yes, Lebanese goods being sent to Europe, and vice versa. We load a truck full of Lebanese products, return with European goods.
How do non European lorries get permits for the EU though? Tachographs, CPCs?

If i was you i would forget about the whole idea.The bureaucracy involved will be daunting and it will only get worse as the countries though which you will travel change the regulations in the future.
Wait until there is some sort of political stability in the region[if ever]as countries will become more and more restrictive to any form of transport originating from that area especially if the political situation in Europé hardens.

What are you talking about?

Lebanon is a country with a Christian president (by law), and the situation in Lebanon is getting better by the day now that they have a President.

Situation in Europe may be getting worse (not from my view point, my friends’ salaries are going up, in Romania and in Germany).

Whether I will get fed up with it or not, is up to ones personal persistence/patience. I ‘know people’ in Lebanon. With Turkey, I know drivers who know drivers. I am struggling with the EU side of things. Can you tell me which permits I need, and how to get them?

Thank you,

P.S, there is a ferry from North Lebanon to Turkey — I will not be transiting Syria (in which I have friends and family, and the situation there can only get better), and even in Syria, as a Russian, I am friends with the government and can secure any permits if the need arises.

Good luck.It seems that with all your’‘Connections’’ you don’t really need any help.

420weblazeit:
…What are you talking about?..

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: … That made me laugh out loud! :smiley:

Sort yourself out Hutpik!! You have been told!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

hutpik:
Good luck.It seems that with all your’‘Connections’’ you don’t really need any help.

I ‘know people’ in Lebanon. With Turkey, I know drivers who know drivers. I am struggling with the EU side of things. Can you tell me which permits I need, and how to get them?

I need help with the UK and the EU

If you were born and raised in the UK and have just finished ‘business studies’’ i would have thought that the first step would be to go into any ministry of transport and other transport related sites in the UK for relevant info and chamber of Commerce for business.
Surely ‘business studies’’ should have included how to start and run a business and costs involved.
They have an invention now called ‘internet’',you can find out things on it.
I’m away now to ‘‘sort myself out’’

hutpik:
If you were born and raised in the UK and have just finished ‘business studies’’ i would have thought that the first step would be to go into any ministry of transport and other transport related sites in the UK for relevant info and chamber of Commerce for business.
Surely ‘business studies’’ should have included how to start and run a business and costs involved.

“Surely ‘business studies’’ should have included how to start and run a business and costs involved.”

Did you even read what I just wrote? I need help with permits. I can work out how much it’d cost to get sausages mailed to Madagascar and how much it’d cost to set up a hot dog trailer, but if the information on food safety standards isn’t in English, or isn’t available online, I would ask someone local/with experience to enlighten me.

I did use the internet, and yet nowhere did it say what drivers that are non European, without a CPC should do to be able to drive in Europe. This website is located on said “internet”, and I am asking people here.

420weblazeit:

hutpik:

“Surely ‘business studies’’ should have included how to start and run a business and costs involved.”

Did you even read what I just wrote? I need help with permits. I can work out how much it’d cost to get sausages mailed to Madagascar and how much it’d cost to set up a hot dog trailer, but if the information on food safety standards isn’t in English, or isn’t available online, I would ask someone local/with experience to enlighten me.

I did use the internet, and yet nowhere did it say what drivers that are non European, without a CPC should do to be able to drive in Europe. This website is located on said “internet”, and I am asking people here.

Did either the “internet” or Business Studies teach you how to negotiate and how to influence people with your choice of language and phrasing?

Even given for the fact that I’m guessing English isn’t your first language you are basically insulting the very people who could help you. Maybe not now but certainly if your venture got going.

And I’ll be blunt - in your post you come across as an idiot throwing a temper tantrum.

So, with all due respect, do your own leg work.

I Think permits and tachographs and licenses and drivers are going to be the least of the problems.First you have to sort out starting a Company,in whichever country with the relevant paperwork.

kjw21:

420weblazeit:

hutpik:

Did either the “internet” or Business Studies teach you how to negotiate and how to influence people with your choice of language and phrasing?

Even given for the fact that I’m guessing English isn’t your first language you are basically insulting the very people who could help you. Maybe not now but certainly if your venture got going.

And I’ll be blunt - in your post you come across as an idiot throwing a temper tantrum.

So, with all due respect, do your own leg work.

:laughing: English is my first language, I do not have time to speak any other

I got mad because of the assumptions that people had.

If anyone had been driving lorries to that region lately, they would be aware of the ferries that go there. They would also know that there is no way to get through Syria. If people do not know of these things, I highly doubt that they would know how to help lorries get from these areas to the EU, so there is no point in answering with nonsense assumptions and then getting mad or refusing to help when I say “what are you on about”

I don’t think that anyone who doesn’t know such simple information and assumes that Lebanon is a ■■■■ hole that is being Islamised can help me with permits.

We’re bouncing off topic here. I asked, using my influence and negotiation skills, for the final time, what permits I would need for trucks to enter Europe and not peoples political weather forecasts or opinions.

Thank you

hutpik:
I Think permits and tachographs and licenses and drivers are going to be the least of the problems.First you have to sort out starting a Company,in whichever country with the relevant paperwork.

Thank you, I can get a company registered in Lebanon, this isn’t an issue. I would like help with Europe

You seem to be under a missaprehension about the people who answer your queries.I have been driving trucks to the Middle East from the UK and Holland since 1972 so am not so naive as you seem to Think about the so called ■■■■ hole countries,also i lived for 2 years in Afghanistan.
You keep on about permits for Europé.First you have to start a Company.Depending on where the Company and truck is registered will depend on what permits you get and how easy.All countrys have differen agreements with Europé regarding the transport of goods.If you are starting a Company in Lebanon then Lebanon is the authority who will issue permits for transport to Europé via their reciprocal agreements with other countries.
Driving a Lebanese registered truck to Europé will not be as easy as you Think due to politics,however irrelevant you may think they are.

wow 420, for someone looking for help on here you are being pretty rude to the people you are asking for help, maybe you should adjust your manners somewhat before being so critical of those here still reading this post.

The OP asked for help but when gets a reply, the OP has attitude and aggression to posters offering advice .
As others have said, find out the information you need yourself, no need to be rude, get off your high horse mate .
If you are so smart and know it all, why ask drivers ?

420weblazeit:
…I don’t think that anyone who doesn’t know such simple information and assumes that Lebanon is a [zb] hole that is being Islamised can help me with permits…

:open_mouth: Did I miss that bit?? Who made those two assumptions then?

I didn’t read any comments about Islamisation or the Lebanon being a (zb) hole :confused: :confused:

Is this post for real ?1?