A question on hours

Good evening

I wonder if I can rack your brains for some info on tacho hours

I’ve been running with work colleagues on a trip, we’ve had a debate about 10hr drive in a 24hr period

Basically yesterday we started at 4am

Drove a total of 10.00 hrs

They had to be at Ouistreham for the boat today, so they left at 2am this morning from Les Pyramides at Niort.

Now in my head they’ve completed 12hrs drive in a 24hr period !!!

Or having your break does that make a difference and it’s a new start ■■?

I’ve always worked on fact if you’ve used your 10hr drive you can’t start earlier than you started the day previous … As you’ll be doing more than 10hrs drive within 24hrs.

Have I had it wrong all these years ■■

I’ve been told I know ■■■■ and that I’ve got it all wrong by one of them

But I’d like to have an opinion from another driver who’s familiar with legislation when running on different countries

I’m sorry if you think I should know but we all interpret the rules differently, and maybe I’m wrong on this occasion with how I’ve understood things
Thanks

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What time did rest start? Was it 11 hrs of rest (or 9 hrs if available). As long as the daily rest requirements have been met, then the drive time is reset.

Héraultais:
What time did rest start? Was it 11 hrs of rest (or 9 hrs if available). As long as the daily rest requirements have been met, then the drive time is reset.

Hi

They took 9hrs

Jut seems bizarre you can drive technically drive more than 10hrs in a 24hr period

And therefore if you drive 2x10hrs with a 9hr break you can actually drive for 20 hrs out of 32 hrs

A twelve hour day first day with 2x1hr breaks
9hrs off
Another 12 HR day with 2x1 hr breaks

All looks OK to me.

No 24 hour driving time limit under EU regs - there is a 10 hour limit in 24 hours under UK domestic regs

ROG:
No 24 hour driving time limit under EU regs - there is a 10 hour limit in 24 hours under UK domestic regs

Oh right so I’ve been confusing it to the time I’ve been under Domestic hours in the beginning of my driving career. When you change and operate under EU regs the clock resets after your 9 or 11hr break then ?

Thank you

Honeymonstersteve:
When you change and operate under EU regs the clock resets after your 9 or 11hr break then ?

Yes that’s right.

Under EU regulations you can drive for 9 hours between daily rest periods, and 10 hours between daily rest periods twice a week.

As has been said it’s the domestic regulations that limit you to 10 hours driving and 11 hours duty in 24 hours.

tachograph:

Honeymonstersteve:
When you change and operate under EU regs the clock resets after your 9 or 11hr break then ?

Yes that’s right.

Under EU regulations you can drive for 9 hours between daily rest periods, and 10 hours between daily rest periods twice a week.

As has been said it’s the domestic regulations that limit you to 10 hours driving and 11 hours duty in 24 hours.

Thank you for the reply and to clarify the matter !
Steve

Under EC Regs a Legal Daily rest period- in whatever configuration 11/ 9 / 3 + 9 - resets the 24 hour period. The maximum driving time of 9/10 hours is the maximum that can undertaken BETWEEN Daily Rest periods or a Daily & Weekly Rest period. That’s why there are weekly and Fortnightly Driving limits.

Maigret:
That’s why there are weekly and Fortnightly Driving limits.

To be pedantic I will agree that there is a fortnightly driving time limit (90 hours), but there is no weekly limit other than that set by your DAILY driving time limits. You can in actual fact drive for 4 X 9 hours plus 2 X 10 hours in a week, giving you a total of 56 hours driving time providing your previous weeks driving time did not exceed 34 hours.

Article 6 (EC) 561/2006

1. The weekly driving time shall not exceed 56 hours and
    shall not result in the maximum weekly working time laid
    down in Directive 2002/15/EC being exceeded.

Well there ya go, everyday is a schooldays! :wink: